• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Forest Fans are underwhelmed

• Thread starter Glyn1
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 22
  • Views: Views 5,326
Jinxy said:
MrSwerve said:
Oh I agree, a potential game against City doesn't get me excited much...just trying to think of positives. :D
Positives include good experience and test for us (inc Cooper), not playing such a physical side so theoretically less chance of needless injuries etc.. I'd love us to play them - never forgave the officials in our last meeting for robbing us with two goals that shouldn't have counted. At least Guardiola conceded that afterwards, to his credit. If we play well, what a confidence booster, however negatives include a humiliating hammering of course - although with our defensive record, I doubt that would happen. There I said it.

Beg to differ but Pep is a cvnt. After the game when asked bout those goals, he just shrugged his shoulders....never conceded anything.

sainthelens said:
Jinxy said:
Positives include good experience and test for us (inc Cooper), not playing such a physical side so theoretically less chance of needless injuries etc.. I'd love us to play them - never forgave the officials in our last meeting for robbing us with two goals that shouldn't have counted. At least Guardiola conceded that afterwards, to his credit. If we play well, what a confidence booster, however negatives include a humiliating hammering of course - although with our defensive record, I doubt that would happen. There I said it.

Beg to differ but Pep is a cvnt. After the game when asked bout those goals, he just shrugged his shoulders....never conceded anything.
Hazy memory, but I do remember him saying something along the lines of "we'd prefer not to go through like that, but...", so he did recognise they were fortunate. It's the most your going to get I suppose - he always comes across as quite decent to me.

To be fair to Guardiola he apologised because it was offside, admitted the penalty was lucky & said VAR should have been in place to stop it happening!

Manselton Jack said:
To be fair to Guardiola he apologised because it was offside, admitted the penalty was lucky & said VAR should have been in place to stop it happening!

Also, the use of VAR takes away the opportunity for certain officials to blatantly cheat teams out of the correct decision 👍

Swanjaxs said:
Manselton Jack said:

Also, the use of VAR takes away the opportunity for certain officials to blatantly cheat teams out of the correct decision 👍

You'd like to think so, they're doing a pretty bad job of implementing it in the Premier League though

Manselton Jack said:
Swanjaxs said:

You'd like to think so, they're doing a pretty bad job of implementing it in the Premier League though

Now that refs are more inclined to go to the screen to review incidents, it's much better than last season for assessing bad tackles and the like but they are still disallowing goals for millimetres offside which imo is wrong. A couple of weeks ago Patrick Bamford had a goal chalked off because he had pointed to the spot where he wanted the ball played and when it was, he scored but it was ruled that his upper arm was offside when the whole of the rest of his body was well onside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5t830fF5pg

karnataka said:
Manselton Jack said:

Now that refs are more inclined to go to the screen to review incidents, it's much better than last season for assessing bad tackles and the like but they are still disallowing goals for millimetres offside which imo is wrong. A couple of weeks ago Patrick Bamford had a goal chalked off because he had pointed to the spot where he wanted the ball played and when it was, he scored but it was ruled that his upper arm was offside when the whole of the rest of his body was well onside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5t830fF5pg

Yeah, that one was ridiculous.
I still think VAR can be a good thing but not the way it's being used at the moment.

One thing on my football ⚽️ bucket list is to attend an FA Cup Final,

Will only attend though if Swansea get there so hopefully one day!

Was really annoyed with Carvahal a couple of years ago for throwing it away!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back