• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Forest fans on Twitter

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
More than a little touchy with the views on the game

Seems they want us to keep telling them how wonderful they are and not actually criticise our team

The facts for them

1. We defended and played badly
2. They deserved to win as we were second best
3. Piroe and Ntcham missed golden chances in the first half
4.Johnson is a cheating twat who clearly tries to get fellow pros sent off and eventually the ref saw through it

But they want more credit. They were always thus when they used to remind us about European Cups blah blah - the Cardiff CIty fans of the East Midlands.

Why would they be touchy? They owned us with a manager most supporters thought wasn't good enough for us. The facts are
1) We defend badly most weeks.
2) They did deserve to win
3) We miss golden chances by the hatful every week.
4) We watched Ayew for years. Its an unsavoury part of the game but they are hardly alone in that.

If I was inclined to try niggle on twitter, which frankly isn't my style, I would certainly pick a better moment.

Captain_Sham said:
Why would they be touchy? They owned us with a manager most supporters thought wasn't good enough for us. The facts are
4) We watched Ayew for years. Its an unsavoury part of the game but they are hardly alone in that.

If I was inclined to try niggle on twitter, which frankly isn't my style, I would certainly pick a better moment.

I think you missed what I was saying - that's my exact point, everything I wrote was exactly what happened but they want to pretend they are someone like Brazil 1970.

Nothing to do with picking better moments, a fair reflection of the game was given but its more the fact that I didn't declare them a Premier League team in the making which seems to be what their egos desire not that they were far better than a Swansea City side which was dreadful.

And for point 4 I don't disagree but it was as embarrassing to watch Ayew, Roberts and Chico as it was Johnson yesterday - this is a simple thing the game could clamp down on with a healthy smattering of yellow cards

PSumbler said:
Captain_Sham said:

I think you missed what I was saying - that's my exact point, everything I wrote was exactly what happened but they want to pretend they are someone like Brazil 1970.

Nothing to do with picking better moments, a fair reflection of the game was given but its more the fact that I didn't declare them a Premier League team in the making which seems to be what their egos desire not that they were far better than a Swansea City side which was dreadful.

And for point 4 I don't disagree but it was as embarrassing to watch Ayew, Roberts and Chico as it was Johnson yesterday - this is a simple thing the game could clamp down on with a healthy smattering of yellow cards

Fair enough. They should be very happy right now. They have a manager who knows how to win football matches.

PSumbler said:
More than a little touchy with the views on the game

Seems they want us to keep telling them how wonderful they are and not actually criticise our team

The facts for them

1. We defended and played badly - for me we defended badly, actually played ok.
2. They deserved to win as we were second best - yes as they took their chances & we didn’t but 2-3 would have been a more realistic result.
3. Piroe and Ntcham missed golden chances in the first half - absolutely, becoming a issue for us when combined with our poor defending.
4.Johnson is a cheating twat who clearly tries to get fellow pros sent off and eventually the ref saw through it - Yes, officials had a good match for me.

But they want more credit. They were always thus when they used to remind us about European Cups blah blah - the Cardiff CIty fans of the East Midlands.

If the shoe was on the other foot I'm fairly sure our fans would spout exactly the same. You're not always picking out how poor the oppo is.

Forest are one of those clubs with loads of entitled fans who believe they're far bigger than they actually are.
They were fortunate to have one of the greatest British managers who turned them into a top line team for a period but that was a long time ago.
They've done nothing much for 30 years.
Good start by Cooper there but if his time with us is anything to go by they'll lose form later in the season- we'll see

Captain_Sham said:
Fair enough. They should be very happy right now. They have a manager who knows how to win football matches.

Except when it matters, of course.

They looked good yesterday when we simply ignored their major strength, in fact we amplified their major strength, and Cooper and Tate tucked up Martin a treat. We walked around, they walked around alongside us. Then they played the ball behind us and ran past centre halves playing a high line playing positions they can’t play. Almost anyone could have predicted it that had watched Forest. Martin made an arse of himself yesterday, but let’s not pretend Cooper is Brian Clough, although I’m sure some will be.

Let’s see where they end up, but I would also be very happy today too if I was them.

I am worried about us after that as confidence in “the process” will be waning now and with qpr, Wall and Fulham to come, 6 on the bounce is not an unreasonable fear.

monmouth said:
Captain_Sham said:

Except when it matters, of course.

They looked good yesterday when we simply ignored their major strength, in fact we amplified their major strength, and Cooper and Tate tucked up Martin a treat. We walked around, they walked around alongside us. Then they played the ball behind us and ran past centre halves playing a high line playing positions they can’t play. Almost anyone could have predicted it that had watched Forest. Martin made an arse of himself yesterday, but let’s not pretend Cooper is Brian Clough, although I’m sure some will be.

Let’s see where they end up, but I would also be very happy today too if I was them.

I am worried about us after that as confidence in “the process” will be waning now and with qpr, Wall and Fulham to come, 6 on the bounce is not an unreasonable fear.

Thats the point here. I am now very concerned about US.

Manselton Jack said:
Forest are one of those clubs with loads of entitled fans who believe they're far bigger than they actually are.

Change that to Swans fans, and it's equally applicable statement.

Neath_Jack said:
Manselton Jack said:

Change that to Swans fans, and it's equally applicable statement.
Some yes, all clubs do, but not to the same extent as Forest. We've been in the same division or above them for a long time & they've always had a load of really bl@@dy annoying fans.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back