• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Formula 1 decider

MrSwerve

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
I know it's not everyone's cup of tea on here, but there's a brilliant end to the F1 championship this weekend - Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen tied on points. A lot of needle going in to this one with the incidents and crash last weekend between the two.

Sky have allowed Channel 4 to show the race live, in full - for those that don't watch on SkyF1. Race start is 1pm on Sunday. :cool:

Last week was quite incredible, this week has the potential to be the same.

Am I right that if both drivers don't finish then verstappen is champion , that could make it interesting, verstappen doesn't seem adverse to taking out a car if it suits him, senna and Schumacher were the same , Hamilton needs to get pole position but anything can happen

Best_loser said:
Am I right that if both drivers don't finish then verstappen is champion , that could make it interesting, verstappen doesn't seem adverse to taking out a car if it suits him, senna and Schumacher were the same , Hamilton needs to get pole position but anything can happen

Correct. He would win the title by virtue of having won more races this year. Verstappen has some questionable driving behaviour at the best of times so there are lots of eyes on him this weekend.

With everything that's happened over the last few races if Verstappen did the dirty & took Hamilton out of the race he'd never get away with it. They'd give him a points penalty & he'd lose the championship anyway.

Michael Masi has already laid the grounds for disqualifying or deducting points from MV if he tries a Schumacher.

Yep... It's going to be a great race. Looking forward to it immensely. Pity it's on a crappy street circuit, and not a dedicated track. These Middle Eastern countries have more than enough money to build the best dedicated tracks in the world, and yet insist on providing boring street circuits where passing is difficult.

Give me Spa, Suzuka, Silverstone, Monza or Paul Ricard anytime, Spa being my absolute dog's danglies.

BrynCartwright said:
Yep... It's going to be a great race. Looking forward to it immensely. Pity it's on a crappy street circuit, and not a dedicated track. These Middle Eastern countries have more than enough money to build the best dedicated tracks in the world, and yet insist on providing boring street circuits where passing is difficult.

Give me Spa, Suzuka, Silverstone, Monza or Paul Ricard anytime, Spa being my absolute dog's danglies.

Not sure if you've ever visited Spa Bryn, but its an absolutely fantastic place to go. Only been a couple of times there, but I try and get to Silverstone most years when possible (although I haven't been since Covid). Austria is next on my list.

Abu Dhabi is indeed a rubbish place to finish the season but at least they've changed the circuit for this year. Always preferred Brazil or Suzuka to finish the season off.

Best_loser said:

You're right.

Let's hope for a Hamilton-Swansea double.

Let's hope Mercedes and Martin leverage their respective strengths, and revert to winning strategies :

- A proper power unit at the heart (Smith-Grimes-Ntcham)
- A focus on the front end/tyres (Grimes in the red zone, leveraging symbiotic strength across that axis)
- Leveraging the clever suspension - allowing the senior players to create the right balance when we need it most, despite protestations from the pit

(* averse)

BrynCartwright said:

They keep throwing money at Tilke & he's come up with some dull circuits & this is one of them.
Such a waste because the facility is amazing, looks fabulous under lights but it doesn't produce good racing.
Abu Dhabi is the only foreign circuit I've been to, Spa is definitely the one I want to visit.

Darran said:
Two cars going around in circles.
I’m going to paint the wall and watch it dry.
Load of bollox.
Nope, 20 cars going around in circles!
All about opinions

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back