• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Formula 1 decider

Darran said:
Two cars going around in circles.
I’m going to paint the wall and watch it dry.
Load of bollox.

Worth sticking on in the background while you paint that wall Dar, British sporting history. Been plenty of upsets this year.

MrSwerve said:
Darran said:
Two cars going around in circles.
I’m going to paint the wall and watch it dry.
Load of bollox.

Worth sticking on in the background while you paint that wall Dar, British sporting history. Been plenty of upsets this year.

Nah it’s ok I’m washing my hair. :mrgreen:

Love most sports but have struggled with F1.
However.....this will be some spectacle, everybody will wanna see if Max runs Lewis off the track, coupled with the inevitable fallout, be good viewing.

Verstappen to start on pole on soft tyres
Hamilton 2nd on grid on mediums
Norris 3rd

So different strategies for the race. Bit of a shame as I’d prefer to see them together on track throughout.

Hmmm not looking so good now for the Hamilton-Swansea double.

Let's all hope the canny tactics of Red Bull aren't the bad omen for Martin today, a clear tactical upper-hand played with aplomb by Horner and Max, fair play.

Horner is a class act, as is Max.......

AndyCole said:
Hmmm not looking so good now for the Hamilton-Swansea double.

Let's all hope the canny tactics of Red Bull aren't the bad omen for Martin today, a clear tactical upper-hand played with aplomb by Horner and Max, fair play.

Horner is a class act, as is Max.......

Yep, unfortunately it's played out so far. As largely expected.

Horner / Cooper's cleverer tactics played out, against the odds.

Forest's poorer squad, power unit, poorer balance, poorer front end potential. Yet the cleverer streetwise tactics prevailed.

A massive lesson for brand Martinis. Now on ice, it seems.

(btw - it would be good to engage with fellow F1-Football fanatics that also see these parallels. Or is it a step too far, on here ?)

(edit - I belatedly see Libertarian's acknowledgment. Great minds. Phew)

Daylight robbery.

That is not sport. Hamilton was miles ahead.

WalterBoyd said:
Daylight robbery.

That is not sport. Hamilton was miles ahead.

Couldn't give 2 fcks for F1 as a rule, but that was incredible drama.
Not heard the last of that decision to make it a 1 lap race.

Amazing season and amazing end. A 1 lap shoot-off for the championship
Lewis got the favour of the stewards early on and Max got it at the end
Fantastic stuff. Finally we have a new world champion. The Man Utd of F1 have been toppled
Toto Wolf doesn’t like it up him does he? Haha
The stewards have a lot of explaining to do though.

Debate is going to rumble on for some time after this. I don’t think it’s really clear at this stage as to whether rules and protocol have been followed, like in any sport I just hope that it’s been fair.

Sometimes the fastest cars and driver pairing don’t win.

Latifi crashing hands the race to verstappen , bad luck for hamlilton

Race Control initially said no lapped cars would be allowed to overtake, but changed it suddenly that only the ones in front of Max should clear!!

A total fvcking disgrace!!

It's like being 3-0 up in a World Cup final, a single penalty can still win it for the opposition, even when 3 behind, the gap was that big, a cheating ref changes rules to make more entertaining, and a dive in the box wins it.

Ridiculous end to the race.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back