• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Franco confirmed

Welcome aboard Franco.
Clips seem to suggest he will be the midfield terrier that we have truly lacked since the days of Leon and Bodde. Not afraid to put himself about and should adjust well to the Championship I hope.

Subject to international clearance 👀

I see there’s been a big row over the work permit or lack of, for some other player we were in for. Some of our fans are lunatics on Twitter 🤣 even more so than the ones on here.

Welcome Franco butt, hope you get off to a flyer.

I see there’s been a big row over the work permit or lack of, for some other player we were in for. Some of our fans are lunatics on Twitter 🤣 even more so than the ones on here.

Our announcements always say that :D

Everyone’s very sane on here. Well, there’s Skip of course but he’s unique 🤣

Welcome aboard Franco.
Clips seem to suggest he will be the midfield terrier that we have truly lacked since the days of Leon and Bodde. Not afraid to put himself about and should adjust well to the Championship I hope.
He looks great from what I’ve seen (with the caveat that it’s very easy to on YouTube clips). He could well end up with 10 red cards though, as his tackles are a bit ‘robust’ and our refs are shite! Looks like a big upgrade on Jay.

He looks great from what I’ve seen (with the caveat that it’s very easy to on YouTube clips). He could well end up with 10 red cards though, as his tackles are a bit ‘robust’ and our refs are shite! Looks like a big upgrade on Jay.
Thought exactly that myself, some of his tackles are certainly going to get referees reaching for their back pockets.

Is Lakey gonna show him the ropes/open a bet 365 account for him ?

Just to back up what we've seen in the clips of Franco, with some stats.

1720851149451.png

This is in comparison to all players stats in all top divisions. The low pass completion stats are in line with Moreirense's total pass completion stats of 77.8%.

It reinforces what we've seen in the clips, he isn't a progressive, or particularly creative midfielder. He's going to chip in with the odd goal or assist, but he excels defensively. He likes a shot from distance, but generally he isn't going to be pushing forward. I'd expect, as others have said, for him to play alongside Matt Grimes playing a similar role to Flynn Downes.

This is where he ranks in the Portguease Primera League for some of those stats; (#3 in total tackles, #4 in total blocks, #1 in interceptions, #3 for recoveries). Competing as well in these numbers with some top players (Joao Neves, Nicolas Otamendi).

What's even more impressive is that these numbers are compared with defenders as well, in terms of midfielders and holding midfielders he ranks #2 in tackles, #1 in blocks, ten interceptions clear of any direct competition in #1 for interceptions and #3 for recoveries.

1720851755066.png
1720851843368.png
1720852112756.png
1720852805811.png

On paper, statistically he was the most impressive defensive midfielder in the Primera League last season, at least when it comes down to the art of defending. This is how he compares with our retained central midfielders, generally better across the board although Joe Allen's stats per minute aren't overly reliable with his lack of games played.

1720854028701.png

Also with the concern for discipline, he will commit fouls, and he will pick up cards. I don't think there's any concerns of issues with temperament though, as he's never been sent off. He picked up 7 yellow cards last season (although their league only had 34 games). He commited the fourth amount of fouls in the league, but overall was only #47 for the most yellow cards so he'll be getting carded more for an accumulation of fouls over anything.

1720852986984.png

Final thing to note as well is just how well and how successful a side Moreirense have been with him in the core of the side. They won the second tier with a record number of points in 2022/23, and last season they finished 6th in the top flight (highest in the clubs history) with their record for their most points in a top flight season.

Just to back up what we've seen in the clips of Franco, with some stats.

View attachment 4293

This is in comparison to all players stats in all top divisions. The low pass completion stats are in line with Moreirense's total pass completion stats of 77.8%.

It reinforces what we've seen in the clips, he isn't a progressive, or particularly creative midfielder. He's going to chip in with the odd goal or assist, but he excels defensively. He likes a shot from distance, but generally he isn't going to be pushing forward. I'd expect, as others have said, for him to play alongside Matt Grimes playing a similar role to Flynn Downes.

This is where he ranks in the Portguease Primera League for some of those stats; (#3 in total tackles, #4 in total blocks, #1 in interceptions, #3 for recoveries). Competing as well in these numbers with some top players (Joao Neves, Nicolas Otamendi).

What's even more impressive is that these numbers are compared with defenders as well, in terms of midfielders and holding midfielders he ranks #2 in tackles, #1 in blocks, ten interceptions clear of any direct competition in #1 for interceptions and #3 for recoveries.

View attachment 4294
View attachment 4295
View attachment 4297
View attachment 4298

On paper, statistically he was the most impressive defensive midfielder in the Primera League last season, at least when it comes down to the art of defending. This is how he compares with our retained central midfielders, generally better across the board although Joe Allen's stats per minute aren't overly reliable with his lack of games played.

View attachment 4302

Also with the concern for discipline, he will commit fouls, and he will pick up cards. I don't think there's any concerns of issues with temperament though, as he's never been sent off. He picked up 7 yellow cards last season (although their league only had 34 games). He commited the fourth amount of fouls in the league, but overall was only #47 for the most yellow cards so he'll be getting carded more for an accumulation of fouls over anything.

View attachment 4299

Final thing to note as well is just how well and how successful a side Moreirense have been with him in the core of the side. They won the second tier with a record number of points in 2022/23, and last season they finished 6th in the top flight (highest in the clubs history) with their record for their most points in a top flight season.
Looks like a gem...

I like the model - picking up lesser known league players between 22-25 years old with a view to selling on at profit. Similar to the Brighton model

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back