• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Franco confirmed

Much of it I feel is driven by either a sense of personal responsibility because we haven't had anyone better suited to fill that holding midfielder role since we sold Downes from Grimes himself or similar from whoever was in charge of the team at the time.

We see brief glimpses every now and then of Grimes playing a killer pass but so often under the past three managers he has had to be playing with his back to goal and often with Wood playing. I have seen glaciers melt faster than that boy making a simple footballing decision.

All the times when we see the best of Grimes is when we have a good tempo going on with the movement of the ball. We all know how utterly one footed he is so the addition of Eom as hopefully a genuine threat on the left wing to overlap/underlap with Tymon as well as the return of Ginnelly who I suspect will play in a number 10 role will vastly improve his options for distributing the ball.

Williams has spoken about Franco’s conditioning how many times now? I’m getting Myko dejavu with this one.

What Grimes does for 99% of the time is very easy to replicate. This is why the constant declarations of how irreplaceable he is are so maddening. Any numbnuts can receive the ball and play it ten yards backwards or sideways when there are better options available. Comparing him with Leon is lunacy. He's not even on the same planet in terms of ball usage.

The fact that Grimes is clearly capable of more whenever a manager can be bothered to demand it of him is one of the reasons he annoys so many people.
If Grimes was really really that good one of our ex managers would have come back here for him, Flynn Downes was here for 1 season before being sold for decent money. On the other side of the coin , he's a decent championship midfielder and very reliable when it comes to injuries. A better manager may get more out of him, and putting better players than the likes of Fulton could help him.

West Brom v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back