• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Franco confirmed

We've seen Grimes play alongside a variety of central midfielders under a variety of coaches during his near decade here, and in the entirely of that time we've seen this mythical, forward facing, creative dynamo for about a season and a half in total.

Grimes is hardwired to be cautious and defensive. That's just the way he is. It's got nothing to do with worrying about babysitting the back four. His natural instinct is to play that way, and most managers have indulged him in it.

So far only Potter and Duff have managed to coax any kind of consistently attacking performances out of him. His performances early last season were probably the only bright spot of Duff's entire tenure.
Grimes’s role isn’t complex but it’s one few are capable of. This will rile people up because they don’t like comparisons to Leon, but whilst they are very different players a large chunk of their purpose on the pitch is the same - they both play the pivot. Leon could add ball winning and creativity to his game but what they both did/do exceptionally well is being available to comfortably receive and recycle possession facing either goal.

I’ve said before that from the limited clips I’ve seen this new lad looks like a raw Flynn Downes so that can compliment Grimes or Allen.

Grimes’s role isn’t complex but it’s one few are capable of. This will rile people up because they don’t like comparisons to Leon, but whilst they are very different players a large chunk of their purpose on the pitch is the same - they both play the pivot. Leon could add ball winning and creativity to his game but what they both did/do exceptionally well is being available to comfortably receive and recycle possession facing either goal.

I’ve said before that from the limited clips I’ve seen this new lad looks like a raw Flynn Downes so that can compliment Grimes or Allen.
Quite excited about this signing. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Just hope the Korean lad on the wing signs as well.

On YouTube, there's a video compilation of Franco called Welcome to Galatasaray and it was only uploaded 1 month ago. Does anyone know what's happened there? Was he supposed to be joining Galatasaray and did it fall through, and if so, why?

On YouTube, there's a video compilation of Franco called Welcome to Galatasaray and it was only uploaded 1 month ago. Does anyone know what's happened there? Was he supposed to be joining Galatasaray and did it fall through, and if so, why?
I take it with a pinch of salt. You come across all sorts of videos called xxx Welcome to Galatasaray (for example there is an Aaron Wan-Bissaka Welcome to Galatasaray video on youtube even though they have been linked but there is no done deal whatsoever.

There is also another one for Guela Doue who plays for Rennais and there are no transfer links or rumours about him at all that I could find :unsure:

Reactions: K23

What Grimes does for 99% of the time is very easy to replicate. This is why the constant declarations of how irreplaceable he is are so maddening. Any numbnuts can receive the ball and play it ten yards backwards or sideways when there are better options available. Comparing him with Leon is lunacy. He's not even on the same planet in terms of ball usage.

The fact that Grimes is clearly capable of more whenever a manager can be bothered to demand it of him is one of the reasons he annoys so many people.

Yeah Galatasaray and Fenerbahce get linked with players constantly, probably due to the amount of web traffic it drives given the amount of supporters they have.

Reactions: K23
What Grimes does for 99% of the time is very easy to replicate. This is why the constant declarations of how irreplaceable he is are so maddening. Any numbnuts can receive the ball and play it ten yards backwards or sideways when there are better options available. Comparing him with Leon is lunacy. He's not even on the same planet in terms of ball usage.

The fact that Grimes is clearly capable of more whenever a manager can be bothered to demand it of him is one of the reasons he annoys so many people.

Grimes just doesn't read the game like Joe Allen.. he's technically great, but doesn't read the game well enough.. Joe Allen I feel for, because you can tell his legs have gone, he tries, and is capable for 45 minutes at this level.. I'd like to see Grimes at 25 and coached by Brendan Rodgers

I tried to make it clear that I wasn’t comparing him to Leon other than to say they both played the pivot. Yes Grimes is infuriating at times, especially when he puts the ball straight back where it came from, ignoring better options, but he’s also a much better and much more effective player than you give him credit for, hence why he’s barely missed a minute of game time under every manager across the past several seasons.

I tried to make it clear that I wasn’t comparing him to Leon other than to say they both played the pivot. Yes Grimes is infuriating at times, especially when he puts the ball straight back where it came from, ignoring better options, but he’s also a much better and much more effective player than you give him credit for, hence why he’s barely missed a minute of game time under every manager across the past several seasons.
A better coach/manager would result in a better Grimes.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back