• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Friendly 23/24 | Oxford United v Swansea City | The Official Match Thread | The Kassam Stadium

bakajack said:
Other than Key and Yates this was predominantly last season's first choice side so I am not too surprised to see MD use that as a starting point as we go into three practice matches before the season begins proper.

I wish I could say that it was unusual to see Fisher's howler but sadly its not, he has let a good dozen or so last season go through him like that. Word is that a first choice keeper is top of the shopping list now along with another full back - both priority areas in my opinion that need work on at the moment.

Hopefully Rushworth & Ashby will be the ones we need in those positions.

karnataka said:
Hopefully Rushworth & Ashby will be the ones we need in those positions.

Where will Ashby play then?

One of the three CBs or right wing back and key go of left?

Rushworth will go straight to #1. Fisher looks shot to bits again.

Risc said:
Where will Ashby play then?

One of the three CBs or right wing back and key go of left?

Rushworth will go straight to #1. Fisher looks shot to bits again.

Not sure but if Duff is after him, he must have a position in mind for him. There's also Buchanan that we're pretty keen on and he is a left back so maybe Key on the right, Buchanan on the left and Ashby as a CB? We'll see, but it would be good to bolster our defence with some decent players and a better keeper so hopefully they will do that after some of the defending we've witnessed in the last couple of years..

karnataka said:
Just seen the Oxford goal on the highlights. Dear me. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

He’s bloody hopeless isn’t he? You can see why we’re looking for a new keeper. Just a shame that Martin isn’t looking to buy him from us.

Cabango also having a mare there and continuing to show he struggles to pass 5 yards. He needs to go back to the basics of being a stopper, as Beckenbauer he ain’t.

karnataka said:
Just seen the Oxford goal on the highlights. Dear me. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I mean it would have been easier to trap the ball under his foot than to let it go through him like it did :lol:
Hells it would have been easier to lie down and let it hit him in the face than to let it go through him like it did!

Cabango needs time on the ball to compose himself why other teams high press on him. Even then there's a mare of a pass waiting to happen. Considering his build you would think he would be more aerial dominant. Also lack of pace does him no favours never far from a yellow. Maybe a different playing style might suit him.

bakajack said:
I mean it would have been easier to trap the ball under his foot than to let it go through him like it did :lol:
Hells it would have been easier to lie down and let it hit him in the face than to let it go through him like it did!

The funny thing was, while that game was in progress, I was playing football as I nearly always do on a Friday night and we're all old, youngest about mid-5Os and oldest early 70s (me!) but we all take a turn in goal (because we need the occasional rest) and if someone whacks the ball straight at you along the floor, you stop it with your feet and then play it out or whack it away if under pressure and as soon as I saw the latest Fisher master show, the first thing I thought was - I stopped 2 or 3 shots like that on Friday! So yes, far easier to trap the ball with your feet, as you say.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back