• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Friendly 23/24 | Oxford United v Swansea City | The Official Match Thread | The Kassam Stadium

Duff out. Leave your top scorer on the bench and what do you expect? Grimes looks like he's forgotten how to tie his laces. Stodgy selection with too many defensive players who want to play sideways and backwards and struggle with even that. Must win game against Carmarthen tomorrow now.

Oxford very impressive. Played around our press with ease and their forwards won nearly every physical battle until Cooper came on.

jasper_T said:
Duff out. Leave your top scorer on the bench and what do you expect? Grimes looks like he's forgotten how to tie his laces. Stodgy selection with too many defensive players who want to play sideways and backwards and struggle with even that. Must win game against Carmarthen tomorrow now.

Oxford very impressive. Played around our press with ease and their forwards won nearly every physical battle until Cooper came on.

In all fairness Jasp, if you were in charge you'd have every youth product playing for us and cement our relegation, I stay well clear of your opinions when it comes to football.. but I am different and can see what people can't.. because they bow down to you like you're some oracle all things football related, but I do smirk and roll my eyes whenever you post.. our u21s are League Two standard at best.. proven by the 7-0 thrashings the first team have given them in training.. but there is hope because the championship isn't great, one might make it

jasper_T said:

I really don’t get why we didn’t give Thomas a run against better opposition, he’s on fire, let him play.

Grimes body language looked awful aswell.

Hopefully, as BOTN said, the players have been run ragged and it’s just tired legs. My main worry is I hope he isn’t insistent on playing 3 at the back constantly, Russ cost us a play off place by not going to four sooner, we haven’t got the legs or athleticism to play with 3 imo.

Skippyjack said:
In all fairness Jasp, if you were in charge you'd have every youth product playing for us and cement our relegation, I stay well clear of your opinions when it comes to football.. but I am different and can see what people can't.. because they bow down to you like you're some oracle all things football related, but I do smirk and roll my eyes whenever you post.. our u21s are League Two standard at best.. proven by the 7-0 thrashings the first team have given them in training.. but there is hope because the championship isn't great, one might make it

If our u21s are League Two standard that's amazing. They're young and learning and most of them won't have professional careers.

If everyone think I talk sense but you maybe it's not everyone else that's wrong. Food for thought.

jasper_T said:
If our u21s are League Two standard that's amazing. They're young and learning and most of them won't have professional careers.

If everyone think I talk sense but you maybe it's not everyone else that's wrong. Food for thought.

Yes, League Two and below at best, as I said, one might make it, but the standard isn't great, but the championship isn't great

You talk through rose tinted spectacles though Jasp, the great bastion of promoting everyone who is Welsh, rubbishing other academies... You rate all Welsh/local and don't rate anyone we bring in from other academies or clubs.. there's an academic term I can't remember to describe your vendetta

Skippyjack said:
You talk through rose tinted spectacles though Jasp, the great bastion of promoting everyone who is Welsh, rubbishing other academies... You rate all Welsh/local and don't rate anyone we bring in from other academies or clubs.. there's an academic term I can't remember to describe your vendetta

Is it called "voices in your head"? Have fun with them, champ.

Kinell Skip, why lower the tone.

Jasp is clearly in the upper echelon of footballing expertise across all Swans forums. On today’s matchday thread a few posters again stood out for their insight and deep understanding. As per. Quality stuff.

This forum stands head and shoulders above all other outlets - precisely because of top insightful posters like Jasp / Risc / baka et al engaging in grown up football debate, most especially during matchday threads.

That should please the hoofball fans. Ridiculous number of hoof and hope 'passes'.
Given that was a starting team ( bar two) from the end of last season I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Eleven strangers would have been more coordinated.
I really hope that wasn’t what Duff wanted!

Risc said:
I really don’t get why we didn’t give Thomas a run against better opposition, he’s on fire, let him play.

Grimes body language looked awful aswell.

Hopefully, as BOTN said, the players have been run ragged and it’s just tired legs. My main worry is I hope he isn’t insistent on playing 3 at the back constantly, Russ cost us a play off place by not going to four sooner, we haven’t got the legs or athleticism to play with 3 imo.

Monk did something similar… wore players out so they looked tired. It worked for a while because he'd inherited a superb squad.

jasper_T said:
Is it called "voices in your head"? Have fun with them, champ.

What if I did have voices in my head? I thought you were a classy poster, but I didn't see that

jasper_T said:

“Must win game against Carmarthen”. Jesus Christ :lol:

Poor performance tonight. Duff's first chance to take a proper look at predominantly last season's team, Maybe it was always the plan to omit the youngsters tonight and take the approach "you were IN THE TEAM last season so let's see what you've got to STAY IN THE TEAM this season" and the youngsters will get a run out next week. Maybe a "I gave you guys a chance and you didn't take it" kinda thing. Have trust in Duff - we'll get there.

jasper_T said:

This post has had quite the reaction, but you've bit back against that too.

But surely, this was a parody post!!??

Chief said:
This post has had quite the reaction, but you've bit back against that too.

But surely, this was a parody post!!??

Ooo I'm liking the new edgy Jasper! :D

Other than Key and Yates this was predominantly last season's first choice side so I am not too surprised to see MD use that as a starting point as we go into three practice matches before the season begins proper.

I wish I could say that it was unusual to see Fisher's howler but sadly its not, he has let a good dozen or so last season go through him like that. Word is that a first choice keeper is top of the shopping list now along with another full back - both priority areas in my opinion that need work on at the moment.

MIDDLESBROUGH v SWANSEA CITY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back