• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Fulham confirm Christie departure – Mawson released too

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
Fulham have confirmed that they will be releasing Cyrus Christie as he reaches the end of his contract with former Swansea defender Alfie Mawson also released. Both players are among 14 players released by Fulham following their promotion back to the Premier League. Mawson joined Fulham back in the...

Read more

Obviously depends on what wages he wants but Alfie would definitely be a great signing if we can do it

I must admit that I haven't followed Alfie with any great deal of interest since leaving us, but I think I remember him picking up a serious injury a year or two ago though?

A quick look in transfermarkt shows he made only 6 appearances all season for a total of 206 minutes.

bakajack said:
I must admit that I haven't followed Alfie with any great deal of interest since leaving us, but I think I remember him picking up a serious injury a year or two ago though?

A quick look in transfermarkt shows he made only 6 appearances all season for a total of 206 minutes.

I think he went on loan to Bristol at one point

Swansea93 said:
bakajack said:

I think he went on loan to Bristol at one point

Think that was 20/21 but I must admit if he is fit then would be a good move for us

Soooo funny 😁 20 million :lol:

"Alfie Mawson reveals how Gareth Southgate told him to leave Swansea" https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6111971/Alfie-Mawson-reveals-Gareth-Southgate-told-leave-Swansea.html

Swanjaxs said:
Soooo funny 😁 20 million :lol:

"Alfie Mawson reveals how Gareth Southgate told him to leave Swansea" https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6111971/Alfie-Mawson-reveals-Gareth-Southgate-told-leave-Swansea.html

This one could definitely be filed under "good business".
Birch showed just how phenomenal a negotiator he was to get £20m for a defender from a side relegated to the Championship.

If he would accept low wages then there is definitely no reason not to take a punt on him, we are lacking in a powerful and football capable defensive partner for Ben Cabango.

Michael Hector is twice the player Alfie Mawson is.. he's been released an all

Mawson's had a lot of bad knee injuries and ops.

20/21 Ruptured cruciate ligament .
111 days out

20/21 Knee Surgery. 85 days out

19/20 Fitness.
35 days out

19/20 Knee Surgery.
132 days out

19/20 Knee Injury.
4 days out

18/19 Knee Surgery.
119 days out

18/19 Knee Injury.
74 days out

They've released Timmy Abraham.

Only one letter, maybe he can develop into Tammy :D

TheLoneRanger said:
Mawson's had a lot of bad knee injuries and ops.

20/21 Ruptured cruciate ligament .
111 days out

20/21 Knee Surgery. 85 days out

19/20 Fitness.
35 days out

19/20 Knee Surgery.
132 days out

19/20 Knee Injury.
4 days out

18/19 Knee Surgery.
119 days out

18/19 Knee Injury.
74 days out

Yeah that confirms my recollection.
He might be hard pressed to get a good paying deal with his current injury record

An alternative to Christie could be Jonjoe Kenny. Due to be released from Everton at 25 with experience in the bundesliga and SPL. Might be a better longer term option than Cyrus

Swanseaborn said:
An alternative to Christie could be Jonjoe Kenny. Due to be released from Everton at 25 with experience in the bundesliga and SPL. Might be a better longer term option than Cyrus

Decent player but his wages are going to be too much for us, that's going to be a recurring problem when we're linked with experienced players

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back