• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Gary Rossington RIP

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Fly high Free Bird. ❤️

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/06/gary-rossington-dead-lynyrd-skynyrd-guitarist-founding-member-dies-aged-71

I was thinking about this earlier, the next 15 years are going to be brutal for rock music and its fans. So many massive bands and musicians in their twilight years and I'm not sure there's much waiting in the wings to step up and replace them. The fanbase is still there I'm just not sure there's enough new music to sustain it. Tribute and nostalgia acts will make a killing though

BLAZE said:
I was thinking about this earlier, the next 15 years are going to be brutal for rock music and its fans. So many massive bands and musicians in their twilight years and I'm not sure there's much waiting in the wings to step up and replace them. The fanbase is still there I'm just not sure there's enough new music to sustain it. Tribute and nostalgia acts will make a killing though

I think you’re at least half right. There’s plenty of great bands out there but they’re not going to fill arenas, let alone stadiums.

Darran said:
https://twitter.com/piperdotally/status/1630430419639316480?s=61&t=8BnvJmDLISdr7hKzaW8FKg

I saw you posted this 2 days ago, maybe you should stop posting music from living artists as you might be bad luck for them. 😉
RIP Gary.

BLAZE said:

I concur.

I'm not really a music fan as such, I don't follow any band like a groupie fanatic, if I like a song, it doesn't matter who the artist is.. musicians are put on a pedestal and are mostly drug taking alcohol fuelled nutters and quite a lot of them are peados.. but people follow them like a cult, like Darran with Cheap Trick and Blaze with iron maiden, Mutey with jazz

Skippyjack said:
I'm not really a music fan as such, I don't follow any band like a groupie fanatic, if I like a song, it doesn't matter who the artist is.. musicians are put on a pedestal and are mostly drug taking alcohol fuelled nutters and quite a lot of them are peados.. but people follow them like a cult, like Darran with Cheap Trick and Blaze with iron maiden, Mutey with jazz

Go away. :lol:

Darran said:
Go away. :lol:

It's true though, lots of bands have had sex with 14/15 year old groupies in the 80s without any camera or evidence, plus a well known music artist is Jimmy Saville the 2nd.. musicians are oddballs mun.. yet women are obsessed with the tainted tw*ts

Darran said:
This is my fav Skynyrd song.

https://youtu.be/sMmTkKz60W8

This is a better version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgFQ6WmxdMs

Skippyjack said:

Thank you, I don’t think it’s ever been suggested that I’m in a cult before. 😉

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back