• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

That's a fair summary...
Imagine then it is a General Election then and satisfy yourself that you know better and the number of people who do like him are wrong but may well return the biggest majority of any party since 1832

This election may well end up being the straw that breaks the camel’s back for the ridiculous FPTP system. Ironically those calls will be loudest from the simple minded right who up to now have always said FPTP offers “change” and guarantees “strong government” (lolz). What it’s always guaranteed is a one party demagoguery on always no more 40-45% of the votes cast. The old adage goes that you get the government you deserve but that’s rarely, if ever, true, at least in Britain. We usually get a government contrary to the votes of the majority of the population. It’s an affront to democracy and always has been.

My hope and expectation for tomorrow is for a Labour government but I don’t want to see the Tories’ wiped out, as fun as that will be in the short term. If that happens the future is Farage and whatever his next “party” ends up being called. We’ve seen where that leads to in France and other parts of the world. Five to 10 years of sensible, responsible and non dramatic, non corrupt government will go along way towards heading that off. But I yearn for an electoral system where a percentage of votes cast equates to a similar

Five to 10 years of sensible, responsible and non dramatic, non corrupt government

When has this ever happened any time in history, first rule of a politician, lie, except in today's political sphere, you don't have to be good at it, it's all one big social experiment anyway

Ok I'll say it, I'm voting Labour tactically as I want the tory scum out of my constituency, we really needed them smashed into oblivion, I'm not a fan of Starmer at all

Ok I'll say it, I'm voting Labour tactically as I want the tory scum out of my constituency, we really needed them smashed into oblivion, I'm not a fan of Starmer at all

I know live in what is a Labour safe seat so it doesn’t really matter who I vote for, but if I lived where you live (pretty sure you've said before it’s up the Vale of Glamorgan way) I’d do exactly the same. The current Conservative government is the most dishonest bunch of charlatans I can ever recall. Can’t say I like the cut of Alun Cairns jib either.

Interesting to see which cabinet ministers fall. Sunak is at risk by some accounts. In Wales Simon Hart (chief whip) and David TC Davies are both toast. Labour could conceivably win 30 out of 32 seats, although 27 or 28 is more likely.

Welsh marginals to keep an eye on. Brecon Radnor and Cwm Tawe will go to the Lib Dems I think although Labour will run them close. The Tories would probably win Montgomery and Glyndwr were it not for the betting scandal. Labour are favourites but I suspect the Lib Dems will sneak it, as this is a former seat of theirs.

Ynys Mon and Caerfyrddin are toss ups between Plaid and Labour. I suspect they will win one each, Plaid taking Caerfyrddin and Labour Ynys Mon.

All other seats will be won by Labour. The only possible surprise would be a Plaid win in Llanelli. Very unlikely but a very recent poll had them neck and neck. However it was a UK wide poll which probably had 1 or no voters sampled in Llanelli. That poll did show Plaid doing well across the valleys so perhaps Plaid will do relatively well in working class seats. I still expect Reform to be second to Labour in most valleys seats.

I can't wait to see the back of David Total Cock Davies.

I've just been for a run where I happened to pass 4 polling stations. Saw no one under 65 😱. Asked two old dears who they were voting for..."David, of course". I hope that's the only two votes he gets.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back