• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

Similar. My candidate didn’t get in but enough people voted like us to give the Lib Dem’s the power to swing it. I said after that that I could never vote for them again after what they did, but my attitude has softened a bit. I thought they would be wiped out after the last GE with that awfully obnoxious woman saying that if she was elected she would be reverse Brexit immediately but the new bloke has done well. There’s nothing I’d like more than to be in the EU but you can’t go around doing things like that.

Looking back it was silly but there was anger against Gordon Brown, and that was misguided. He was too closely associated with the fall in popularity of Blair and hankered power, but as I saw it he didn’t have a mandate. He should have gone to the polls much sooner and then maybe we could have at least partly avoided the calamitous last fifteen years.

He was probably exactly what we needed at the time and if not for him the financial crash and credit crunch would have been a lot more severe as he pretty much guided the rest of the world in damage limitation.
The last 15 years could have been avoided with three Labour sliding doors moments. Brown goes to the polls when he was immensely popular rather than bottling out, the right Milliband wins the leadership, and Corbyn well....dematerialises.

Then, no Brexshit, no Johnno and £160bn in extra growth and no rivers of shit, literally and metaphorically.

I think their feeling of relief is shared up and down the nation.
There’s already a difference. Of course, the uneducated will say it’s because the CS is full of lefties. That’s mostly nonsense. The CS has people of all political persuasions as does all large employers. For the vast majority of those who do the real work of the civil service at the sharp end the day to day workings of government make no difference and it’s fine for them not to understand I wouldn’t care in their position. They’ll continue to sort out the vital stuff that keeps the country going. Massive respect for those people. But for those charged with making and implementing policy it makes such a difference when the people who make the decisions don’t treat them like the enemy. That’s happened way too often in the last 15 years but it’s been more common since June 2016.

The Tories always take a hatchet to the civil service, it’s another bogeyman to weaponise like the BBC, CH4, migrants, disabled benefit scrounges, etc, etc….,

Labour will run out of ideas if they get the chance to stay in power for as long as the Tories, but at least it’s a fresh start for now.

The Tories always take a hatchet to the civil service, it’s another bogeyman to weaponise like the BBC, CH4, migrants, disabled benefit scrounges, etc, etc….,

Labour will run out of ideas if they get the chance to stay in power for as long as the Tories, but at least it’s a fresh start for now.
I don't know about run out of ideas. I think their endgame is probably rejoining the EU and that will take a long time, maybe 15 years so there is plenty of work to do on that front and they may have to push for electoral reform to get there. Their first term will probably be taken up with correcting all the errors of the last 14 years and provided they deliver enough of that and people can feel the difference, that should get them a second term to push on with loftier targets.

I don't know about run out of ideas. I think their endgame is probably rejoining the EU and that will take a long time, maybe 15 years so there is plenty of work to do on that front and they may have to push for electoral reform to get there. Their first term will probably be taken up with correcting all the errors of the last 14 years and provided they deliver enough of that and people can feel the difference, that should get them a second term to push on with loftier targets.
We can always hope….

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back