• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Half time ( lack of) entertainment

sainthelens

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Needs addressing and way overdue too.
The kids can have their pens before the game, literally same audience/numbers they'd have.
Loadsa options...have few ST holders drawn for crossbar cash challenge would be one. There are plenty of us who don't wanna spend stupid money for shyte food n drink.
Opinions??

sainthelens said:
Needs addressing and way overdue too.
The kids can have their pens before the game, literally same audience/numbers they'd have.
Loadsa options...have few ST holders drawn for crossbar cash challenge would be one. There are plenty of us who don't wanna spend stupid money for shyte food n drink.
Opinions??
I miss the half time raffle, one it once and was chuffed, but yeah they could do something abit more entertaining down there.

exiledclaseboy said:
Cadleigh v North Hill.

I'm game, think we'd have to be on the undercard though.

ExiledClaseBoy v Rockinj from the Joey Barton thread was pure box office. Don't think we could compete with that one. Star billing.

Andrew - North Hill said:
I'm game, think we'd have to be on the undercard though.

ExiledClaseBoy v Rockinj from the Joey Barton thread was pure box office. Don't think we could compete with that one. Star billing.

Ah me and rockin go way back, that one was pretty mild. We love each other really.

I agree. It’s becoming quite stale after all these years. A bit like the football. I like the idea of the cross bar challenge, winner takes a prize to spend in the club shop. Something like that would be good.
And ffs, sort out the acoustics. Can’t hear the speaker half the time. And the music?? Far too loud. Or am I showing my age?

TerryPHELAN said:
I agree. It’s becoming quite stale after all these years. A bit like the football. I like the idea of the cross bar challenge, winner takes a prize to spend in the club shop. Something like that would be good.
And ffs, sort out the acoustics. Can’t hear the speaker half the time. And the music?? Far too loud. Or am I showing my age?

The speakers in the South/West corner are ridiculously loud especially before the game. It sounds like the fella on the mic is shouting down it! I now wear ear plugs to drown out the c**p he’s spouting out. But when Kev johns is on everything sounds fine.

The music choice these days is sadly lacking and if I'm not mistaken the song right before kick off talks about "can you feel the girth"

Very family friendly

I don't know if it's just me, but it sounds like they turn the music up before kick off if the away fans are getting noisy. I would rather let them make some noise for a traditional football atmosphere, it might even spark our own fans into life!

Darran said:
The kids seem to enjoy it and other than that I couldn’t give a f*ck.

Same here, I'd rather just have a chat/rant with my mates. Same before the game- the increase in sound system/screens just detracts from any chance of any atmosphere from the crowd. Something to encourage a crowd rendition of Swansea oh Swansea or similar like Liverpool and Celtic do. It's why the atmosphere as an away fan is always better.
International rugby is the same in Wales- fireworks/ warbly opera singers all diminish the hastening death of a Welsh crowd singing in unison. The Scots have it right with their anthem.

Darran said:
The kids seem to enjoy it and other than that I couldn’t give a f*ck.

Am all for kids enjoying themselves, but having 6/7 of em stuck in a corner doing what could be done in the fckn car park with Cyril before the game does not constitute entertainment.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back