• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Hannah Dingley - FGR boss

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 38
  • Views: Views 2,998
Itchysphincter said:
She has to prove herself and work her way up the leagues like most other new managers. If she does that no can have any reason to sh!t the bed if she’s appointed anywhere, aside from the obvious one. Fans want a team that wins matches and a manager that gives them that.

Think you'll find it'll be the ' anyone but us' feeling with fans of every club.
That's the reality my friend.

Darran said:
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/welsh-manager-hannah-dingley-makes-27258262

A good CV. and if it was a man, no comments would be made.

Hope she does well, as her CV shows she deserves a chance, and as I've said, given time, but the PR bit still lingers.

sainthelens said:
Think you'll find it'll be the ' anyone but us' feeling with fans of every club.

Bold declaration that you know how every other football fan thinks there Saint. Perhaps some are more open-minded than you believe?

As for the suggestion her appointment is 'just for show', FGR will be aware of the negative reaction if they're seen to not give her a fair shot, if they're seen to hold her to a different standard than a male manager. Given plenty of knuckle-draggers already hate them for their eco-friendly ideas, this just puts them even more in the firing line.

Bloody women getting above their station, get back in the kitchen they want to. How dare they get involved in a macho, alpha male sport like football. Tick box exercise etc.

JackSomething said:
Bold declaration that you know how every other football fan thinks there Saint. Perhaps some are more open-minded than you believe?

As for the suggestion her appointment is 'just for show', FGR will be aware of the negative reaction if they're seen to not give her a fair shot, if they're seen to hold her to a different standard than a male manager. Given plenty of knuckle-draggers already hate them for their eco-friendly ideas, this just puts them even more in the firing line.

Misread my post my friend. Didn't say every fan, I said fans if every club, even you can see that would be the case.

sainthelens said:
Let's have this right. All on here wishing her well, saying about time etc etc.
Truth is, if she was to be appointed here, this place would go into meltdown in disbelief.

I'm in your court here saint.
It could be that I'm just an old fashioned Barsteward.
In saying that if she does well good luck to her. ;)

stevethejack said:
Of course it's a PR exercise - look at which club it is, they only serve vegan food, no meat, no proper milk, no proper football food. It's a "look at us" appointment.

Or she may just be good enough to do the job like? I know thats a left field statement to many but its very distinctly possible.

Or are women's team appointing male coaches also screaming "look at us"?

She'll have to try hard to have a worse record than Duncan Ferguson there.

sainthelens said:

Respectfully, couldn’t give a f*ck and couldn’t disagree more.

sainthelens said:
Misread my post my friend. Didn't say every fan, I said fans if every club, even you can see that would be the case.

Fair enough. It read to me like you meant all fans, but I can see how it could be read either way. Obviously some fans of any club that appointed a female manager would be upset about it, we all have our fair share of Neanderthals in the fanbase.

Good luck to her and hope it goes well for her, will shut a few up that's for sure...

I read today she holds the UEFA Pro License which is the requirement for head coaches in the Premier League and very few hold it at League 2 or even League 1 level so it seems she is somewhat overqualified for the role let alone it being done for ‘PR’ purposes.
And she did work experience with us as a youngster, so even more reason to be proud.

Good luck to her. The first but I doubt the last. She’s obviously a strong character as she knows she’ll be in the firing line from stupid people.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back