• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

How many grounds have you been to...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ringwood
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 22
  • Views Views: Views 3,244

Ringwood

Alan Curtis
Joined
Jan 17, 2024
Messages
3,704
Reaction score
1,576
Subject taken from the Swansea forum.

With and without the Swans
 
I've managed 115 stadiums watching the Swans. 29 of which are no longer around. Also 20 other stadiums not Swans related.
 
Subject taken from the Swansea forum.

With and without the Swans
58 current ones, but that is not including older grounds like Spurs, Oxford etc. ,and many of them 2, 3 and 4 times .
 
Good post, you prompted me to update my spreadsheet, which I haven't looked at for two or three years.

Of the current 92 league grounds, I've been to 62, almost all following the Swans. I've never been to a football match in Scotland. I've been to quite a few grounds which no longer exist as a football venue, including Goldstone Ground, Withdean Stadium, Eastville, Ninian Park, Saltergate, Layer Road, Baseball Ground, The Lawn, Maine Road, Ayresome Park, Somerton Park, Nene Park, The Meadow, Vetch Field and the Bolyn Ground.

Who knows where Nene Park and the Lawn is (without Googling)?

Of course, there's also Wembley Stadium, MIllenium Stadium and several foreign grounds watching the Swans.
 
I was lucky enough to do our 1991 summer tour of Scotland. Stirling Albion, Raith and Ayr Utd. Think it was the season we picked up the Cradley Heath superstars on trial that summer.
 
This is quite a handy site for keeping track:


Although keeping track of the Neath & District league is pushing it 🤣

This is where I am
Grounds Visited95
92 Club63

Although losing Sutton next season, drops me to 62/92
 
Good post, you prompted me to update my spreadsheet, which I haven't looked at for two or three years.

Of the current 92 league grounds, I've been to 62, almost all following the Swans. I've never been to a football match in Scotland. I've been to quite a few grounds which no longer exist as a football venue, including Goldstone Ground, Withdean Stadium, Eastville, Ninian Park, Saltergate, Layer Road, Baseball Ground, The Lawn, Maine Road, Ayresome Park, Somerton Park, Nene Park, The Meadow, Vetch Field and the Bolyn Ground.

Who knows where Nene Park and the Lawn is (without Googling)?

Of course, there's also Wembley Stadium, MIllenium Stadium and several foreign grounds watching the Swans.
Is one Rushden and Diamonds? Went there when we were struggling. Think Kevin Nugent played that day .
 
Is one Rushden and Diamonds? Went there when we were struggling. Think Kevin Nugent played that day .
Correctamundo. Nene Park was Rushden and Diamonds.
The Lawn was the old Forest Green ground. I went there once about ten or twelve years ago with a Hereford mate who was originally from that area of Gloucestershire. It was an FA cup replay against Macclesfield on a Tuesday night. I had to be up at seven a.m. for work, so I was secretly hoping the match wouldn't drag on too long.
Feck me, 0-0 at full time, then it went to extra time with no score, then penalties, and it just went on for ever. I think it still holds the record for the longest penalty shoot out in FA Cup history. I think they went through both teams twice before some fecker missed. Got home about two in the morning.
 
Some of the best away days were at the older grounds in the lower leagues.

Remember going to Hull, York, Carlisle and Darlo for midweek evening games

Strangely, the smallest away ground was Bashley in the FA Cup which is now only 7 miles from my house now.
 
Some of the best away days were at the older grounds in the lower leagues.

Remember going to Hull, York, Carlisle and Darlo for midweek evening games

Strangely, the smallest away ground was Bashley in the FA Cup which is now only 7 miles from my house now.


"Some of the best away days were at the older grounds in the lower leagues."


It must have been because of the people you met up with;)(y)

I've done 137 including 8 non Swans
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top