• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

How the Reading fans saw us

Glyn1

Tommy Hutchison
Reaction score
I do like to lurk on the opposition fans forums to see what they think about us, and if they - as outsiders - have noticed anything that we haven't. Usually they don't. Anyway, here's a summary of what the Reading fans thought. And No, I won't be doing this for Sunday's match, and won't be going anywhere near their forums for the sake of my mental health. :D

It doesn’t matter who manages Swansea they always play this way, they keep the ball for fun. While we can’t string 2 passes together.
…..
Well deserved lead  :)
…..
Quite obvious what we've set out to do, so no massive surprise we aren't keeping hold of the ball and we've packed the midfield to stops Swansea's 4 behind Obafemi and match them up with wing backs. Certainly a contrast in styles.
…..
Swansea have now claimed 3 pens (1 genuine), had two shots well saved. They're going to be pissed.
…..
0-2!! :) :)
…..
Daylight robbery  
…..
Poor from set plays again and yet another game without a clean sheet, can't say it wasn't coming based on the first 25 minutes of the game.
…..
can't really blame us for setting up like we have done really, trying to slow the game down at most/every opportunity, Swansea are known for keeping the ball no matter who they play.
…..
Apart from miraculously scoring 2 goals, we've been absolute *****. 75% possession is appalling, our time wasting is embarrassing, if they don't change things second half, then no way we will come out of this with any points. Awful.
…..
Will be 3-2  :(
…..
Swansea moaning at time wasting and the referee is just hogging the ball.
…..
Fcuk me Swansea are dull to watch
…..

Absolute disgraceful tactics, was always coming, Swansea will win this.
…..

Evening over. That's put us out of our misery.

…..

Nothing more than we deserve tonight.
…..

Dreadful tactics. Trying to sit back and defend against a team that can keep possession for fun. Should be playing to our strengths not theirs.
…..

Frustrating as Swansea look absolutely useless at the back but we just haven’t put any pressure on them
…..

Let’s not forget we’ve been absolutely dominated by a Swansea side without 3 of their best players and who lost 4-0 last game. You can’t overstate how bad this performance has been.
…..

This game has felt like Swansea were harshly punished for a slow start and then everything went in. Our response to going up 2-0 was right back to the bad old days. Our team isn't remotely organised enough to hold out against constant pressure for that long.
…..
How the oxf*rd is that not a penalty?
…..
Because Andy Davies is the referee.
…..
Bizarrely we’ve had as many chances as they have if not more. Again another huge frustration is their goals were set pieces or long shots. Wouldn’t mind if they’d ripped us open but they’ve not done so at all
…..
Our goals were against the run of play. It's been all Swansea all game.
…..
How in the world has he blown at 5:20 with all that Swansea time wasting?
…..
Completely and utterly outplayed, anything other than 3 points to Swansea would have been daylight robbery. 22% possession, as bad as it gets.
…..
We never deserved anything against Swansea and being 2-0 up completely flattered us. Ince needs to sort this out but I am not sure he has the tactical acumen. I like him a lot tbf but not convinced he’ll be here beyond Christmas.
…..
I do have some sympathy with Ince’s comments as Swansea never really looked like breaking us down as such - Lumley made one very good save, but don’t think he did a lot else - and yet we conceded 3 (from 5 shots)
…..
We barely even played until we were losing. Swansea casually passing it around looked boring but they didn't need to zip it between the lines - they strolled into our half with ease for 90 minutes.
…..
Thought Swansea were dull, blunt, unimaginative and downright boring but just with that much possession they’ll likely grind out a goal or two, esp when our defence is always like to concede crap goals like it did tonight and in the last few games. We actually looked dangerous on tbe rare times we got forward. Dunno if it’s a mentality or tactics change or personnel but can’t expect to win points with 20% possession.
…..
Don't agree with your comments on Swansea. With their big striker out they only had the little man Obafemi up top so had to make sure that when it came to playing the final ball it wasn't in the air. This is the way they play anyway and they believe in it so going 2 down they kept doing what they do and we just let them do it. If only one team wants to attack this is how a game is bound to pan out with them having a crazy 78% possession.
…..
Why is nobody talking about the stonewall penalty not given to us in injury time? One of the most despicable refereeing decisions go against us since similar at Millwall in 2017.
…..
Good point, well made. Most obvious penalty ever. Taken right out.
…..
According to Paul Ince the game plan worked, if Reading had defended any deeper we would have been in the car park.
…..
The time wasting was clearly a part of the game plan they went out with as it started Minute 1, which, for me, is a fcuking horrendous way to approach a football match, and completely sets the wrong mentality for the players on the night.
…..

Fair play to Swansea, they saw our tactical weaknesses and exploited them. They used their forward line to pin half our team on the edge of our box by keeping two players wide to occupy our wingbacks and 1 striker in the middle who somehow occupied all 3 centrebacks. So often McIntyre and Yiadom Mbengue contributed nothing marking space to stay in shape.

They talk of this blatant penalty, but forget about the hand ball stonewaller right in front of the crap referee just before they broke away for thier first goal...

Funniest one for me was having the cheek to talk about timewasting at the end when their players had been at it since the 1st minute. There is a reason none of their players tried to hassle the ref about it :lol:

Their jabs at time wasting are incredible. Guessing they only started watching out for it after we went 3-2 up as much as their GK started sprinting after balls that had gone out of play.

Glorious turnaround of shithousery.

What was the 'blatant penalty' they are on about? Are they talking about when Benda ran out, dived and punched the ball away from Carroll? HE PUNCHED THE BALL!!! If he'd missed the ball, it would 100& have been a penalty, but he didn't.

karnataka said:
What was the 'blatant penalty' they are on about? Are they talking about when Benda ran out, dived and punched the ball away from Carroll? HE PUNCHED THE BALL!!! If he'd missed the ball, it would 100& have been a penalty, but he didn't.

Exactly, and you can see it very clearly if you run the highlights in slow-mo.

RodgerTheDodger said:
karnataka said:

My mistake, it wasn't Carroll, it was Ince but they do look very alike tbf :shock: And Ince didn't even appeal for the pen because he knew Benda had very clearly played the ball. I wonder what Andy Fisher would have done there :?

karnataka said:
RodgerTheDodger said:

My mistake, it wasn't Carroll, it was Ince but they do look very alike tbf :shock: And Ince didn't even appeal for the pen because he knew Benda had very clearly played the ball. I wonder what Andy Fisher would have done there :?

Stood on his line and watched the ball go past him without attempting a save?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back