• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

How will Omicron affect Football/live sport?

MrSwerve

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
8 Spurs players tested positive, cases on the rise...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59576387

Do we think that Drakeford will want sport to return to 'behind closed doors' again?

It's looking increasingly likely that the Omicron variant is far more transmittable than the Delta variant, even taking into account that vaccination is working in keeping hospital admissions down, I wouldn't be surprised if restrictions at big events, sporting, entertainment ect are brought back until more people get the booster jab.
Personally, I can see table service, with no more than six persons per table in pubs/restaurants temporarily, and more controversially, covid passports being introduced for the long term.
Buckle up.

Swanjaxs said:
It's looking increasingly likely that the Omicron variant is far more transmittable than the Delta variant, even taking into account that vaccination is working in keeping hospital admissions down, I wouldn't be surprised if restrictions at big events, sporting, entertainment ect are brought back until more people get the booster jab.
Personally, I can see table service, with no more than six persons per table in pubs/restaurants temporarily, and more controversially, covid passports being introduced for the long term.
Buckle up.

Not sure now buddy. Difference bringing restrictions in will be that thers no further financial assistance to be made available plus don't be surprised if some refuse to show covid passes on back of Boris and his constant lying. People will have really had a titfull, they've lost and given up so much.

If I understood correctly, at all gatherings of 10,000 or more whether indoor or outdoor, masks will be mandatory.

The South Africans are saying so far that there is an increase in hospitalisations there of those testing positive for covid.

However (anecdotally at the moment) the vast majority of these people were admitted for other reasons but also tested positive. The new variant is everywhere but data so far is looking positive, particularly for those who are vaccinated. It's more a case of "with covid" rather than "because of". Let's hope so anyway.

karnataka said:
If I understood correctly, at all gatherings of 10,000 or more whether indoor or outdoor, masks will be mandatory.

That’s COVID passes. In England. We already got them here of course.

exiledclaseboy said:
karnataka said:

Drakeford leading the way again it seems... ;)

PSumbler said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Drakeford leading the way again it seems... ;)

But it's all Drakefords fault mun...
Grounds closed again in Germany I see.

January is going to be interesting. It really wouldn't surprise me to at least see reduced capacities...

In all fairness Cardiff have been trialling reduced attendances in anticipation of a possible covid outbreak for last 30 years.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back