• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Omicron

• Thread starter Jinxy
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 38
  • Views: Views 3,319
If I cover myself in factor 50 and then sunbathe all day, I'm still at risk of burning/getting skin cancer, but not as much as I would have been without the sunscreen.

Separately to that, I'm yet to see any coherent argument from the anti-vax/covid is a myth brigade on what the point of it would be? Whoever is behind the conspiracy, what are they getting out of it? What are the governments of the world getting from going along with it?

legoman said:
Costello said:
Are you seriously suggesting that people who have been vaccinated cannot be carriers or even catch the disease??

Of course I'm not! The more people that get vaccinated, the less disease circulates. The less disease, the lower the likelihood of a variant emerging. Simple really

You'd think. If only the actual science was that simple - no new variant would ever emerge if this was the case. Viruses 'learn' - why do you think we need the flu jab every year?

Costello said:
legoman said:
Of course I'm not! The more people that get vaccinated, the less disease circulates. The less disease, the lower the likelihood of a variant emerging. Simple really

You'd think. If only the actual science was that simple - no new variant would ever emerge if this was the case. Viruses 'learn' - why do you think we need the flu jab every year?

So you're both in agreement that vaccinated people can both catch and spread Covid, but non-vaccinated people are far more likely to do the same and therefore are a much larger risk to everyone else? So Legoman's anger and frustration with these people is completely understandable. Lovely.

Costello said:
legoman said:

Precisely, so the less people that catch Covid the less likelihood there is of a variant emerging. This is indeed how variants come to be so you reduce the amount of virus circulating or you prevent transmission by complete lockdown, which is incredibly difficult to do.

legoman said:
Costello said:

Precisely, so the less people that catch Covid the less likelihood there is of a variant emerging. This is indeed how variants come to be so you reduce the amount of virus circulating or you prevent transmission by complete lockdown, which is incredibly difficult to do.

Is that right? I would think the less people who caught Covid the more likelihood of new variants developing, as the virus 'learns' to propagate. New flu variants develop constantly - hence the need for a yearly jab. With approximately 70% of the UK fully vaccinated and cases rising I don't think the virus is going away anytime soon. Sheer conjecture but I would guess regular booster jabs are on the horizon, and we still don't know the affect of this new variant.

Costello said:
legoman said:

Is that right? I would think the less people who caught Covid the more likelihood of new variants developing, as the virus 'learns' to propagate. New flu variants develop constantly - hence the need for a yearly jab. With approximately 70% of the UK fully vaccinated and cases rising I don't think the virus is going away anytime soon. Sheer conjecture but I would guess regular booster jabs are on the horizon, and we still don't know the affect of this new variant.

Not quite so in a vaccinated population. Also regular booster jabs were mooted as the likelihood early in the pandemic.

We'll end up with a pill or patch etc through the post, or even a nano robot monitoring our health and auto ordering suitable meds. Aaaarrgghh! That'll teach me for reading Homo Deus.

So potentially this thing could have mutated to become more transmissible and therefore outflank the delta variant, but at the expense of being quite so dangerous, at least to those who are vaccinated.

Let's hope the analysis reflects this and backs up the early suggestions that are out there.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back