• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Huge month ahead for Swans - worrying times from the fan perspective

The silence is becoming louder and louder by each day, it's been very quiet especially compared to last summer but going by last summers absolute mess is that a bad thing!?
Trying to be positive, the silence and lack of signings after losing 11 players in the summer, I am trying to convince myself it only points to us getting some very good players coming in and it would be far easier to get anything in(as last summer proved).

Being sensible and knowing this lot then I would say it's slow due to their usual cash flow issues when it comes to signings.....waiting for guaranteed money before pushing on rather than using what is there ready to go.

Interesting month for sure
Couple of new strikers.
New centre half.
Couple off attacking midfielders.
Plus 1 or 2 possible squad fillers.
Sortingnout the Pedersen, Tjoe a on and Mykolo situations out and possibly replacing from there.
Hopefully getting all the above sorted and loaning out some younger players who clearly need game time lower down the leagues.

You are extremely over optimistic Daps... doubt we will sign 7 players and especially 2 strikers.

The Myko situation might become our default option up top.

The injury situation is already revealing further gaps in our best X1.

The best guess is the 3 signings this summer came out of the blue let's hope a few others of quality are about to be revealed.

You are extremely over optimistic Daps... doubt we will sign 7 players and especially 2 strikers.

The Myko situation might become our default option up top.

The injury situation is already revealing further gaps in our best X1.

The best guess is the 3 signings this summer came out of the blue let's hope a few others of quality are about to be revealed.
I always like to look at both sides of the coin 😬
A lot of talk about this window, being more prepared. and having so many people working hard in the background....there is a massive hole dug there and I think even the dullest wouldn't want to mess up after such big talk.

Another concern and one i could see panning out is them trying to be to clever(which is a recipe for disaster from the off😂).

I think we certainly need a Striker, a centre half, a winger and attacking Central midfielder as a minimum.

I'm perhaps in the minority, but I'm not too concerned just yet, solely based on the way our three signings have been handled so far.

I've mentioned it on here somewhere else, so apologies if I sound like a broken record, but Franco and Vigiroux were effectively signed out of nowhere. In Vig's case, the first proper rumours of him only started at lunchtime on Tuesday, and he was announced as a signing by 6pm. Similar with Franco (although those 24 hours felt like weeks), and Eom was a bit of an odd one as he was clearly signed on for a few days before we announced him.

I'm expecting any other signings in the next few weeks to be a similarly low-key affair, which I suppose does keep us mugs hooked online every day checking for updates.

After the opening day is when my concerns will be raised. We're noticably worse off than last season as it stands, and Middlesbrough will breeze to three points without at least three names in.

I'm perhaps in the minority, but I'm not too concerned just yet, solely based on the way our three signings have been handled so far.

I've mentioned it on here somewhere else, so apologies if I sound like a broken record, but Franco and Vigiroux were effectively signed out of nowhere. In Vig's case, the first proper rumours of him only started at lunchtime on Tuesday, and he was announced as a signing by 6pm. Similar with Franco (although those 24 hours felt like weeks), and Eom was a bit of an odd one as he was clearly signed on for a few days before we announced him.

I'm expecting any other signings in the next few weeks to be a similarly low-key affair, which I suppose does keep us mugs hooked online every day checking for updates.

After the opening day is when my concerns will be raised. We're noticably worse off than last season as it stands, and Middlesbrough will breeze to three points without at least three names in.
You're not alone with your thinking.

5 weeks left of the window, lets get quality in rather than quantity.

How many of the summer signings last season ended up in the starting eleven at the end of the season.

I'd argue we have a stronger staring line up than a weaker one due to those who have moved on.

We've hardly got the biggest budget and would prefer us to spend it wisely rather than waste it on the likes of Yates.

A week can be a longtime in football.

We will no doubt get players in on loan as well. So a few of those positions could be covered by loans.

Id say, CM and Second striker could easily be loans. Id think these would be last in too.

I reckon 4 new faces in before the window shuts. Hopefully 2 permanent signings at least.

Not worried in the slightest currently, as mentioned by others id take quality over quantity and clearly we have learnt from last year when it was the exact opposite. 3 permanent signings in with 2 of them potentially becoming good assets to the club. Acouple more permanent signing (especially a striker) plus afew loans and id be more than happy.

You're not alone with your thinking.

5 weeks left of the window, lets get quality in rather than quantity.

How many of the summer signings last season ended up in the starting eleven at the end of the season.

I'd argue we have a stronger staring line up than a weaker one due to those who have moved on.

We've hardly got the biggest budget and would prefer us to spend it wisely rather than waste it on the likes of Yates.
Starting eleven I agree is probably stronger, but we've so little depth at the moment.

Even assuming we keep Tjoe-On and Pedersen as regulars in the squad, then adding in two youngsters 'fully' - Abdulai is a certainty, and then maybe Lissah? - we're still struggling for any options on the left and at #10. Eom and Ginnelly can compete for one of those places, but Cooper is all we have for the other, and he's not exactly reliable. Govea and Parker will offer Ronald cover on the right which isn't ideal, but two decent prospects is fine as a one off for a season.

I've always had a soft spot for Paterson, but he's clearly not staying and I think that's a big loss just for his flexibility and experience if nothing else.

If we can sign a starting #10 (not having that Franco will play there) and a starting #9, the starting eleven would be 100% stronger than last season, plus we'd 'only' be looking at needing cover by the end of the window which isn't at all a bad place to be in. It's a lot easier to flesh a sqaud out last minute when you're only searching for players to play 1,000 mins a season, and you can bite the bullet on a low-risk loan here and there.

I am intrigued to know what people are classing as quality, as we are definetly in for a striker, centre half and Left winger.......what levels and names would people think are of quality?

This squad, as it stands, has relegation written all over it. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet, never mind finding a striker capable of hitting double figures.

I am intrigued to know what people are classing as quality, as we are definetly in for a striker, centre half and Left winger.......what levels and names would people think are of quality?
I think it might take some time for me to list every player on Earth I deem high enough quality for the Swans

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back