• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Hull away 10th Feb M42 Closure

3swan

Lee Trundle
Reaction score
A seven-mile section of the M42 will close to enable a bridge to be demolished after a series of collisions made it unsafe. The bridge, which crosses the motorway between Junction 7, for the M6 (Coleshill), and Junction 6, for the A45 Coventry Road (Birmingham Airport / Coventry), has been hit some 20 times in the last 10 years, National Highways said.

It was due to be knocked down next year, but that demolition has now been brought forward to the weekend of February 10 and 11 after the bridge was badly damaged in two separate incidents earlier this month. As part of those works, the M42 southbound will close between Junctions 6 and 9, a stretch around seven miles long, from 9pm on Friday, February 9 to 5am on Monday, February 12.

The link arm from the M6 south to the M42 south and the M6 north to M42 south arm will also close. The northbound carriageway will shut from junction 6 to 7, including the link to the M6, but there will be no impact on the M6 toll.

Thats a good enough reason for me not to go to Hull on Saturday

I can add that one to the list that so far comprises of

1. I can't be arsed
2. See point 1

To be fair to Hull, closing all roads in and out would be a humanitarian kindness.

Thats a good enough reason for me not to go to Hull on Saturday

I can add that one to the list that so far comprises of

1. I can't be arsed
2. See point 1

The kettle would have been on (y)

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics