• Thank you very much | Diolch yn fawr

    All at JackArmy.net would like to thank everyone who has played a part on this site over the past 25 years whether that is through writing, contributing, moderating, posting or just visting and reading.

    Without any of you the work that has gone into the site would have been pointless and we will always be proud that we built, generated and managed a community that was such a big part of the Swansea City supporting life for so long.

    It has been a pleasure to bring to you the site for so long but the time is now right to turn the lights out for the last time but we do it both with a heavy heart and a sense of pride driven by the so many messages received since we announced the closure.

    The site will remain here for a period until we archive and mothball it for the last time later this summer but all aspects are in a read only format.

    Thank you though for all the memories

    Phil Sumbler
    Owner, jackarmy.net

I think we'll win the playoffs.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ronald Parp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 25
  • Views Views: Views 6,600

Ronald Parp

Roger Freestone
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
5,066
Reaction score
603
Don't get me wrong - I think we're crap, not the players, just the style. No reason why we can't win them.

Just thought I'd leave it here.
 
Itchysphincter said:
Don't get me wrong - I think we're crap, not the players, just the style. No reason why we can't win them.

Just thought I'd leave it here.

Got a nice little double on Swansea and Newport getting promoted :D
 
It's all depends on Ayew in my opinion, if he's up for it then who knows.

Cast your mind back to the Reading game...

Ayew comes on after an hour with not a lot happening, Cabango knocks an aimless ball that flies over Ayews head, AA turnes and gives BC an earful, Ben says something back and Ayew goes absolutely ballistic and has to be held back, 20 seconds later Ayew plays a worldie of a ball inside to Grimes (I think) that's starts the move for Lowes equaliser. Ayew celebrates like he's just won the lottery, then goes on to put us 2-1 up.

So yes, a fired up Ayew could just be enough.
 
Swanjaxs said:
It's all depends on Ayew in my opinion, if he's up for it then who knows.

Cast your mind back to the Reading game...

Ayew comes on after an hour with not a lot happening, Cabango knocks an aimless ball that flies over Ayews head, AA turnes and gives BC an earful, Ben says something back and Ayew goes absolutely ballistic and has to be held back, 20 seconds later Ayew plays a worldie of a ball inside to Grimes (I think) that's starts the move for Lowes equaliser. Ayew celebrates like he's just won the lottery, then goes on to put us 2-1 up.

So yes, a fired up Ayew could just be enough.

He's very much a player that loves a big game. He'll be up for it.
 
If you look at the squad then Bournemouth have it best. However, the squad isn't important now outsdie the season (unless you have injuries). I still think they are massive favourites.

Barnsley may finish 6th, but they have had good results against both Bournemouth and Brentford, and Dike has added a lot of goals 2nd half of the season. They would probably fancy themselves against those two sidess with their playing style, and want to avoid us. That's probably what will happen. They'll beat Brentford to set up a Bournemouth vs Barnsley final

Us and Brentford could do it on our days. Both quite reliant on Ayew and Toney though, let's call it as it is.

I would give us 20% chance, Brentford 20% chance, Barnsley 25% chance and Bournemouth 35% chance
 
statistically we dont concede many. Expect the semi final to be tight,- could well go to penalties and Freddie has a decent record.

If the positions remain unchanged, Everybody seems scared of Bournemouth yet we are currently 3 points above them. I also reckon Barnsley can shock Brentford.

If we play Barnsley, surely we're not scared of them . Bournemouth and brentford will view their semi as the real final and then come unstuck against whoever they meet at wembley.

The table doesn't lie and we are in the mix as much as the others. They will be looking at us and thinking how can they break us down, whilst keeping Ayew and the overlapping Bids and Conner under wraps at the same time.

Hourihane must not start, and we bring him on if we need a goal or the game is going into extra time. So that he is on the pitch for penalties.
 
thefranchise said:
Swanjaxs said:
It's all depends on Ayew in my opinion, if he's up for it then who knows.

Cast your mind back to the Reading game...

Ayew comes on after an hour with not a lot happening, Cabango knocks an aimless ball that flies over Ayews head, AA turnes and gives BC an earful, Ben says something back and Ayew goes absolutely ballistic and has to be held back, 20 seconds later Ayew plays a worldie of a ball inside to Grimes (I think) that's starts the move for Lowes equaliser. Ayew celebrates like he's just won the lottery, then goes on to put us 2-1 up.

So yes, a fired up Ayew could just be enough.

He's very much a player that loves a big game. He'll be up for it.

He needs to be, if we get a couple of 9/10 performances from him in the playoffs then we won't be far away from a date at Wembley, then anything can happen on the day.
 
If we get to the final, I've a feeling we'll win it against whoever, if it's Muff over 2 legs...just can't see us making it.
 
A lot depends whether we play with intensity from the off where we can be competitive. We start games far too slow and teams get on top of us too easily ...
 
It's so close...too close to call I think. I wouldn't be surprised whoever goes up. Barnsley perhaps the underdogs and Bournemouth/Brentford probably the favourites, but we have nothing to fear. All we need is 2 goals and to concede none and we are in the PL. :D
 
MrSwerve said:
It's so close...too close to call I think. I wouldn't be surprised whoever goes up. Barnsley perhaps the underdogs and Bournemouth/Brentford probably the favourites, but we have nothing to fear. All we need is 2 goals and to concede none and we are in the PL. :D

Simple when you think of it 😁
 
Fireboy said:
MrSwerve said:
It's so close...too close to call I think. I wouldn't be surprised whoever goes up. Barnsley perhaps the underdogs and Bournemouth/Brentford probably the favourites, but we have nothing to fear. All we need is 2 goals and to concede none and we are in the PL. :D

Simple when you think of it 😁

Three 0-0 draws, and Freddie in goals for 2 penalty shoot outs - and we're in the Premier League. 😇
 
We owe Barnsley one in the playoffs and there's no place for a bus stop in Hounslow in the Premier League. We've been better than muff for most of the season so I don't see what there is to stop us really.
 
I just hope we have more up our sleeve tactics-wise than just "give it to Ayew" whenever we are in trouble. Let's give him a chance and not keep passing the bad ball on to him.
 
The only two players who strike a bit of fear into the opposition are Ayew and Toney IMO. However Bmouth are the best team we've played over 2 games. We are likely to play them in the semi. I just hope if that's the case that they have an attitude of we just need to turn up.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top