• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Iceland vs Wales

They aren't really competitive though are they, none gives a shit. Complete and utter waste of everyone's time.

If a country can't qualify out of the group like we were in for the euros they don't deserve to end up at the tournament.

Agreed, and we didn't qualify. Which is why it's doubly important we take the NL seriously and thankfully we do. I don't know where you've got this blasé attitude about it from. Our performance in this directly affects our ability to reach the World Cup.

Would you prefer we play friendlies instead?

It's not as if these games have replaced traditional qualifiers.

I have to say that people may have forgotten just how boring the average international friendlies were before the Nations League if they believe these games are worse. The last 2 Wales games would probably have been more exciting than the vast majority of friendlies Wales ever played.

I absolutely get not being bothered about international games outside of actual qualifiers/final games (and that international football is less interesting than club football), but the current system is absolutely an improvement for me.
Don't forget we've been used to watching that crap Page put us through. Painting the grass green would have been more entertaining.

These games are nothing more than glorified friendlies.

They aren't really competitive though are they, none gives a shit. Complete and utter waste of everyone's time.

If a country can't qualify out of the group like we were in for the euros they don't deserve to end up at the tournament.
I'll agree with that. I think expanding the finals for both tournaments has devalued them. I'd be happier with the old size tournament and the Nations League games being worked into qualifying somehow.

Agreed, and we didn't qualify. Which is why it's doubly important we take the NL seriously and thankfully we do. I don't know where you've got this blasé attitude about it from. Our performance in this directly affects our ability to reach the World Cup.

Would you prefer we play friendlies instead?

It's not as if these games have replaced traditional qualifiers.
I'd rather they just played qualifying games and leave it at that.

Don't forget we've been used to watching that crap Page put us through. Painting the grass green would have been more entertaining.

These games are nothing more than glorified friendlies.
I was thinking about friendlies from a lot longer ago to be honest. The kind of games that the likes of Giggs didn't even bother turning up for!

I'll agree with that. I think expanding the finals for both tournaments has devalued them. I'd be happier with the old size tournament and the Nations League games being worked into qualifying somehow.
I'm sure it was Luxembourg who got to a play off match for the last Euro's. It's a joke,

I was thinking about friendlies from a lot longer ago to be honest. The kind of games that the likes of Giggs didn't even bother turning up for!
I have no doubt he wouldn't turn up for these types of games either.

I'm sure it was Luxembourg who got to a play off match for the last Euro's. It's a joke,

That's a flaw in the NL system which i agree needs to be rectified. But that's got no bearing on us. We still need to treat them seriously and we do.

That's a flaw in the NL system which i agree needs to be rectified. But that's got no bearing on us. We still need to treat them seriously and we do.
Absolutely nowt wrong with the way it was before. The introduction of the nations league is make money for the governing bodies.

Luxembourg have a decent team now, usually you'd class them as the San Marinos.. but they've got midfielders who'd walk in our midfield

I have no doubt he wouldn't turn up for these types of games either.

That's more an indictment on him. I don't see much evidence of many big names sitting these games out. Certainly not Wales' major players anyway.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back