• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Is there to be a Paterson salvation? Martin wants him to stay.

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
With three clubs – Queens Park Rangers, Huddersfield and Blackburn Rovers – all watching events involving Jamie Paterson closely there is certainly a ray of light at the end of the tunnel that suggests he could stay at Swansea beyond the closure of the transfer window. It has been quite a week as...

Read more

I for one hope so. He has been an important member of our squad this season and his link ups with Piroe were very good

It should still be possible to get around the table and hammer out a deal everyone is happy with, as long as it doesn't upset other players financially ("how come he's getting paid more than me just cos he kicked off?"blah, blah, blah)

Pegojack said:
It should still be possible to get around the table and hammer out a deal everyone is happy with, as long as it doesn't upset other players financially ("how come he's getting paid more than me just cos he kicked off?"blah, blah, blah)

Yep. Hope he stays, but not to the detriment of the dressing room

This isn't about any principle or anything personal, it's solely about money. Something could be worked out.

If management triggered his extension without a pay rise then that was stupid (don't know if that happened).

Glyn1 said:
This isn't about any principle or anything personal, it's solely about money. Something could be worked out.

If management triggered his extension without a pay rise then that was stupid (don't know if that happened).

That was the contract he signed in the summer though, I don’t see why the club should be blamed for this one.

Glyn1 said:

how is it stupid?

Signing the contract allowing it then moaning is stupid

Glyn1 said:

I'm assuming that when he hit the trigger point for the extension a higher wage would have been factored in as well 🤔
Perhaps he wants more? If so, then move him on.

Swanjaxs said:
I'm assuming that when he hit the trigger point for the extension a higher wage would have been factored in as well 🤔

My understanding was that we had the option to extend it any time we wanted but if he played 25 games then it would have been automatically extended, whether we had wanted to extend it or not.

Seems like we did it when we got wind that someone else was sniffing around him.

I fail to see how the club can be blamed for this one. The only person to blame is Paterson for being an ungrateful, greedy little prick.

However having watched the game on the weekend, we probably need him. Hopefully something can be resolved that doesn’t cause any detriment to the team.

ARQS said:
Swanjaxs said:

My understanding was that we had the option to extend it any time we wanted but if he played 25 games then it would have been automatically extended, whether we had wanted to extend it or not.

Seems like we did it when we got wind that someone else was sniffing around him.

I fail to see how the club can be blamed for this one. The only person to blame is Paterson for being an ungrateful, greedy little prick.

However having watched the game on the weekend, we probably need him. Hopefully something can be resolved that doesn’t cause any detriment to the team.

plus the fact that the January transfer window was coming up, leaving him free to talk to other teams. If it hadn't been for Covid, he would have played his 25 games and wouldn't have been a problem.

The club had to protect their interests.

ABSwan said:
ARQS said:

plus the fact that the January transfer window was coming up, leaving him free to talk to other teams. If it hadn't been for Covid, he would have played his 25 games and wouldn't have been a problem.

The club had to protect their interests.

Agree, and the clock is ticking, either he goes for a decent price early next week or he stays, put the pressure on his suitors, if this drags on till deadline day we lose out. 1.5 million should be our starting price, we'll take £750k, you watch

A lot of people quick to slag of Patterson and the club…. I don’t think for a second that a player would have pulled a stunt like this without feeling genuinely aggrieved, and in Pato’s case I think he seemed genuinely happy to be playing his football here. As for the club, maybe some poor comms whilst attempting to protect asset….? It’s perfectly reasonable to assume that neither party is fully at fault and that there external forces at work.

As someone who didn’t give a toss about Patterson and thought he was only here to make up the numbers when he joined, I really hope he and the club can put this behind them and crack on with it.

I would like to see Paterson stay, he will have some fences to mend with the fan base who might not be super receptive to him the first game he comes back into the fold but I believe he could win them over with more performances like the first half of the season.

bakajack said:
I would like to see Paterson stay, he will have some fences to mend with the fan base who might not be super receptive to him the first game he comes back into the fold but I believe he could win them over with more performances like the first half of the season.

He scores for us again fans won't give a phuk what has gone down, fact.

He will be gone in the summer at the latest, cannot be having anyone like that around the squad. A mercenary only wanting his retirement pay day.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back