• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

January software changes / site domain name

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Despite rumours to the contrary (less said about that thread the better!) the site is not closing but I do have a couple of things that need to happen in January that make me slightly nervous!

Firstly the phpbb software that powers the forum needs an upgrade to the latest version - been putting this off for months but it is now at the stage where some of the backend doesnt work as it needs to (for example we have seen recent increases in spam) so I need to make it happen. As I will be forced into upgrading the software its a chance to look at the overall feel of the forum so we have two choices which is to retain what we have already or move to something that will have more of a look and feel of this (dark and light modes available) - http://www.footballforums.net/threads/match-day-thread.277909/

Secondly I need to finally amend the name of the site back to JackArmy.net as was the will from the poll back in the summer. If I have to do the forum update then it makes sense to try and do this at the same time

It should (!) mean minimal disruption to those using the site but its a forewarning that I have history at this time

Had I won the Euro Millions I could have easily afforded someone to do this for me :lol:

Seems a bit pointless if you’re in negotiations about a merger.

exiledclaseboy said:
Seems a bit pointless if you’re in negotiations about a merger.

My starting price is £2m

The forum layout and functionality is spot on. I've seen people complain about it but I don't understand it at all, it's orders of magnitude better than some - supposedly more popular - forums out there...

That annoying screen-sized banner makes a comeback from time to time though. Get on it, Phil 👏

BLAZE said:
The forum layout and functionality is spot on. I've seen people complain about it but I don't understand it at all, it's orders of magnitude better than some - supposedly more popular - forums out there...

That annoying screen-sized banner makes a comeback from time to time though. Get on it, Phil 👏

Is this still on phones/tablets?

I only ever access via my (android, chrome browser) phone, so can't tell you if it's confined to handhelds sorry

BLAZE said:
I only ever access via my (android, chrome browser) phone, so can't tell you if it's confined to handhelds sorry

Don’t worry about that I’ve already started designing next years Christmas Card. :lol:

You should be ok Phil, it is just upgrading a php version to hopefully the latest version. Done this tons of times for clients who have plugins which need the latest php version. Not as scary as it sounds. Might take a while for the new domain to propagate so I would advise everyone once the new domain is live to clear your browser cache.

I like to see “who is online now” this seems to have gone in the last few minutes.

The site is decent. The problem is my phone making up things it wants me to say.

Build it and they (may) come ?

IMH Advisory experience, better to focus on content over style, always. Then, and only then they will come.

I've seen far too many fail when focusing too much on style instead of underlying substance.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back