• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jody Morris (again)

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/07/30/former-chelsea-man-leading-the-way-in-manager-chase/

Same source as the Steve Cooper news

My first ever game Morris was manager (Trevor). 😁

PSumbler said:
https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/07/30/former-chelsea-man-leading-the-way-in-manager-chase/

Ive heard the same Phil but apparently he wants his own staff and thats what the hold up is, did your source mention the same?

Leading the way = the only one who wants it
He might well get it but I don't see him lasting long

Jody Morris was probably my second choice after we heard that Eustace was not coming, by all accounts his Chelsea youth team played free flowing attacking football so would be interested to see what he could achieve with our squad.

Phil any update on Wilder, whether there is interest?

I have a significant windfall incoming if he does come in so happy to support the managerial pursuit financially by way of £100. Please pass this information on to the powers that be

Cheers

No chance on it being Wilder, too expensive… His odds fell significantly because he was returning from holiday, Alan Knill left Sheffield United and people like yourself lumped money on him.

Morris I would be happy with providing he plays attacking passing football, I’m sure he’ll have good links if we can afford loans and they want to come here, Broja from Chelsea would be my first option if he isn’t in the Chelsea squad this season.

JackBaston said:
PSumbler said:

Ive heard the same Phil but apparently he wants his own staff and thats what the hold up is, did your source mention the same?

He didn't but I can see sense in it - very few managers would want to come solo, they usually have trusted allies

A4Jack said:

I have a significant windfall incoming if he does come in so happy to support the managerial pursuit financially by way of £100. Please pass this information on to the powers that be

Cheers

Nothing been confirmed from anyone I have asked but that isn't to say I have asked the right people :lol:

PSumbler said:
JackBaston said:

He didn't but I can see sense in it - very few managers would want to come solo, they usually have trusted allies

Heard a big stumbling block is a complete revamp of the coaching staff and wanting to bring in their own players
Also was told Winters under pressure to get it sorted within next few days or the yanks may oust him

PSumbler said:
A4Jack said:

Cheers

Nothing been confirmed from anyone I have asked but that isn't to say I have asked the right people :lol:

I'll take that :mrgreen:

A4Jack said:

Cheers

Think that was people seeing Wilder coming back to the UK and Knill leaving Sheff U and assuming that meant he was coming to us
Worth a punt at 33/1 but logically it doesnt make a lot of sense
Think they're going somewhere but doubt here

JackBaston said:
A4Jack said:

Cheers

Think that was people seeing Wilder coming back to the UK and Knill leaving Sheff U and assuming that meant he was coming to us
Worth a punt at 33/1 but logically it doesnt make a lot of sense
Think they're going somewhere but doubt here

Yeah I agree however we are the only club down to Non League with no manager so perhaps legs to it. Little random that Knill would leave yesterday

JackBaston said:
PSumbler said:

Heard a big stumbling block is a complete revamp of the coaching staff and wanting to bring in their own players
Also was told Winters under pressure to get it sorted within next few days or the yanks may oust him

I don't buy the Winter bit I don't think (not doubting it) but the Americans will be pulling his strings - they may make him the fall guy but I'd be amazed if the fault for this lies firmly at his door. Interference from above is common place.

I also think it would be incredibly naive of them to think a manager will come in without at least some of his own staff

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back