• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jody Morris

eteb said:
monmouth said:
I don’t see what all the panic is about personally. We got rid of the millstone fist pumping our football up the arse, and didn’t get someone most of us had never heard of. Now we might get another left field punt. Great, let’s do it.

Grimes Ayew and Guehi were always going to go. Bring on the newbies, bring em on (one for you stranglers fans there). It comes to something when old Daps is the voice of reason on the other site 🤣🤣

massive over reaction, as per every summer, mon. Its f*****g exhausting, year in year out we are a joke, getting relegated etc etc, its utterly pathetic

Joke ? We have only be relegated once since the early 2000's , we have got into the playoffs in both the last two seasons and are financially better off than a lot of clubs.
There is a lot to be sorted at the club, but far from a joke

STID2017 said:
eteb said:
massive over reaction, as per every summer, mon. Its f*****g exhausting, year in year out we are a joke, getting relegated etc etc, its utterly pathetic

Joke ? We have only be relegated once since the early 2000's , we have got into the playoffs in both the last two seasons and are financially better off than a lot of clubs.
There is a lot to be sorted at the club, but far from a joke

I think he was referring to what a lot of fans say about the club every year before the new season starts.

Morris is now into favourite for the job, having read abit more on him I think he will be exciting for us especially with the links he’ll have.

Jody Morris is an exciting one imo.

I didn't think we would have a chance with this one, but if Phil is saying it with his magic book of sources we could be cooking on gas!

Agree on Jody Morris being a potentially exciting appointment. While many will hope that means opening the doors to Chelsea's more promising youngsters via the loan market I would be more excited by his preferred brand of football with access to potential Chelsea loanees a not insignificant bonus.

Considering that we must already have a pretty good working relationship with Chelsea after loaning Guehi and Gallagher (and to a lesser extent Abraham) in recent seasons I would think that Morris's appointment would only make a good relationship better.

Stuart James reporting we are in talks with Morris

Risc said:

Well, I don't like to say I told you so but... eventually the paid professionals like to catch up with us part timers :lol:

PSumbler said:
Risc said:

Well, I don't like to say I told you so but... eventually the paid professionals like to catch up with us part timers :lol:

Is this further along than being quoted do you think Phil?

I find it laughable when fans quote JT's antics and Morris's drink driving history as Managers that should be nowhere near our club based on that !

Both have decent footballing credentials

Swansea City AFC could not run a piss up in a brewery. Do not choose Toshack by all that`s holy. :evil: :evil: :eek:

Risc said:
PSumbler said:

Is this further along than being quoted do you think Phil?

That was my understanding last night - not sure we have two people on the go but could be wrong.

Just been checking in the odds, Morris is now 4/6 he was 5/1 when I backed him last night with the entire balance of the Skybet account that I didnt realise was still in there (£20.17 😁)

eteb said:
monmouth said:
I don’t see what all the panic is about personally. We got rid of the millstone fist pumping our football up the arse, and didn’t get someone most of us had never heard of. Now we might get another left field punt. Great, let’s do it.

Grimes Ayew and Guehi were always going to go. Bring on the newbies, bring em on (one for you stranglers fans there). It comes to something when old Daps is the voice of reason on the other site 🤣🤣

Every season they reckon the chaff down the bottom of the table have become world fecking beaters over night, and every year they prove them wrong by continuing to be awful. How many times in the last three seasons have I read the bollocks sentence "we're in a relegation fight now" and how many times have we been anywhere near there! Saying that, it's not a way to run a club, though I'm sure we aren't the only club to have been handed such a snub. It's like people have forgotten Colin Fackin Jones snubbed us before we ended up appointing Rogers. What a bullet we dodged then, but back then the entitled supporters weren't on board, and not many went into a hissy fit. Good times them, before we became a bandwagon for people to jump on.

I think Morris would be a good shout, all considered and season kick off on top of us.
I can see it happening and wouldn't be surprised to see John Terry at his shoulder in some capacity as he has said he wants to visit clubs to get more experience before taking on full managerial duties.
Their connections would certainly be good knowing the number of the Chelsea youngsters champing at the bit with little chance of making first team squad.
We could do worse.
Let's just wait and see.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back