• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Jordon Garrick – does he have a Swansea City future?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
One of the forgotten men of Swansea City is plying his trade on loan at Plymouth Argyle this season and it creates a decision for the club this summer as to what the Swans (and for that matter the player) want to do with his long term future. Garrick has made more than 40 appearances […]

Read more

He should do.

Has what this side is woefully short on. Pace.

swansnews said:
One of the forgotten men of Swansea City is plying his trade on loan at Plymouth Argyle this season and it creates a decision for the club this summer as to what the Swans (and for that matter the player) want to do with his long term future. Garrick has made more than 40 appearances […]

Read more

Has done far better than the other 2 on loan at Lincoln, they can't even get in the team there at the moment.

Martin 'the people on loan won't improve us'...or something similar.

So under the current regime I'd say the answer is no.

cmajack said:
swansnews said:

Read more

Has done far better than the other 2 on loan at Lincoln, they can't even get in the team there at the moment.

Was hoping to see alot more off Whittaker. Cullen I think will end up as a league 1/2 player imo, would love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong though.

Risc said:
He should do.

Has what this side is woefully short on. Pace.

Unfortunately he seemed to be lacking the football bit from his appearances so far. But that can change of course. And yeah, there's probably an good argument he's no worse than some of our squad and we do desperately need some pace.

Don't think he fancies him or Whittaker. If can get them out of the door he will. Probably they would be happy to go too .

Doing my best to objectively look at what RM is looking for out of his wingbacks, he is looking for energy, trickery and pace.

It is early days yet but I think Ogbeta looks like he might fit that criteria, he only had a brief cameo for about 15 mins or so against Birmingham but he was making the right decisions and he looked dangerous. I think that him and Obafemi will strike up a good understanding given time on the training pitch and in actual games - the crosses that Ogbeta put in against Brum were screaming for a near post runner and were to be honest all right on the money. Obafemi has the strength and pace to make those runs.

The right side is a bit more problematic, Christie definitely has energy and some pace (though not electric pace that's for sure) but he lacks trickery when he isolates the defender in my opinion. Finding a player that fills all the criteria that we want on the budget we have however is difficult, you will be hard pressed to accomplish that on either side let alone both.

bakajack said:
Doing my best to objectively look at what RM is looking for out of his wingbacks, he is looking for energy, trickery and pace.

It is early days yet but I think Ogbeta looks like he might fit that criteria, he only had a brief cameo for about 15 mins or so against Birmingham but he was making the right decisions and he looked dangerous. I think that him and Obafemi will strike up a good understanding given time on the training pitch and in actual games - the crosses that Ogbeta put in against Brum were screaming for a near post runner and were to be honest all right on the money. Obafemi has the strength and pace to make those runs.

The right side is a bit more problematic, Christie definitely has energy and some pace (though not electric pace that's for sure) but he lacks trickery when he isolates the defender in my opinion. Finding a player that fills all the criteria that we want on the budget we have however is difficult, you will be hard pressed to accomplish that on either side let alone both.

Very difficult. I think we may have more success looking for a winger than can be coached into the defensive side of it; otherwise we will end up remaining blunt.

Risc said:
cmajack said:

Was hoping to see alot more off Whittaker. Cullen I think will end up as a league 1/2 player imo, would love nothing more than for him to prove me wrong though.

this has been glaringly obvious for two years - hes not very good

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back