• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Just The Drummer In The Band

I remember watching that back in the day, started watching again this morning. Interesting point of note - I’m sure read years ago that he didn’t play on the studio recordings of MFN.

Didn't Terry originally play with The Mustangs? Seem to remember him playing in The Embassy with Ray "Taff" Williams on guitar.
(For those - most - who are a lot younger than me, The Embassy eventually became Baron's)

I saw him twice with Dire Straits in 1985.
I don’t like Dire Straits but one of the boys in Baglan was running trips so I went along for the jolly.
When I say twice I was there twice but one gig at the Showering Pavillion in Shepton Mallet was a week before Christmas and we were in such a mess I can’t even remember getting in there.
Great times. :lol:

Itchysphincter said:
I remember watching that back in the day, started watching again this morning. Interesting point of note - I’m sure read years ago that he didn’t play on the studio recordings of MFN.

Brothers In Arms was being recorded on Monseratt and was one of the first digitally recorded albums, plus one of the first to be released on CD.

The producer thought TW's drumming sounded to "live" on the studio tracks - plus when they played some of the recordings back, they found some of the drum tracks were missing. So the producer decided to fly in jazz drummer Omar Hakim to re-record many of the drum tracks.

TW's opening on MFN was retained.

Surprised no-one's mentioned Man so far. He was one of my teen heroes back in the day when I were a youth, following the band around the venues of S Wales.
Keep on Crintin', son.

jacabertawe said:
Didn't Terry originally play with The Mustangs? Seem to remember him playing in The Embassy with Ray "Taff" Williams on guitar.
(For those - most - who are a lot younger than me, The Embassy eventually became Baron's)

I'm not too sure, but he could well have for a short time. The Mustangs evolved into The Eyes of Blue.

Terry's first group were The Comancheros - then you had The Jets (Smokeless Zone), The Dream, Love Sculpture, Man, etc, etc, etc.

TheLoneRanger said:
jacabertawe said:

I'm not too sure, but he could well have for a short time. The Mustangs evolved into The Eyes of Blue.

Terry's first group were The Comancheros - then you had The Jets (Smokeless Zone), The Dream, Love Sculpture, Man, etc, etc, etc.
The Commancheros, of course. Wasn't their bass player Bobby Short? Anyway, glad to be corrected. Terry is a couple of years younger than me, so I was bound to have seen him on the then excellent Swansea band (group!) scene.

A mate of mine from Morriston who’s a drummer and knows Terry told me he likes Cheap Trick.
He should learn Surrender and sit in on the song in Bristol, Kliph Scurlock from The Flamimg Lips sat in with them last time.

View attachment Screenshot_20220323-203049~2.png

The Comancheros ... Circa 1963
jacabertawe said:
TheLoneRanger said:

The Commancheros, of course. Wasn't their bass player Bobby Short? Anyway, glad to be corrected. Terry is a couple of years younger than me, so I was bound to have seen him on the then excellent Swansea band (group!) scene.

TheLoneRanger said:
Itchysphincter said:

Brothers In Arms was being recorded on Monseratt and was one of the first digitally recorded albums, plus one of the first to be released on CD.

The producer thought TW's drumming sounded to "live" on the studio tracks - plus when they played some of the recordings back, they found some of the drum tracks were missing. So the producer decided to fly in jazz drummer Omar Hakim to re-record many of the drum tracks.

TW's opening on MFN was retained.

Yeah, I was thinking about it again earlier, I remember Omar Hakim mentioned but couldn’t remember if it was the tom parts or the main groove that was redone, ta.

Pegojack said:
Surprised no-one's mentioned Man so far. He was one of my teen heroes back in the day when I were a youth, following the band around the venues of S Wales.
Keep on Crintin', son.

It’s all in the doc.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back