• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

JvZ again

Darran

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Could someone translate this one please?

https://www.quotenet.nl/zakelijk/a206764/behangkoning-john-van-zweden-sloeg-de-stap-van-miljonair-over-206764/

Darran said:

https://www.quotenet.nl/zakelijk/a206764/behangkoning-john-van-zweden-sloeg-de-stap-van-miljonair-over-206764/

'Wallpaper king' John of Sweden skipped the millionaire step
The story of John van Zweden from The Hague remains too good not to write down. With the money he earned from his wallpaper shop, he joined a small Welsh football club in early 2001. The rest is history, until a bunch of Americans come by. 'At one point I couldn't look at myself in the mirror anymore.'

Longlostjack said:
Darran said:

'Wallpaper king' John of Sweden skipped the millionaire step
The story of John van Zweden from The Hague remains too good not to write down. With the money he earned from his wallpaper shop, he joined a small Welsh football club in early 2001. The rest is history, until a bunch of Americans come by. 'At one point I couldn't look at myself in the mirror anymore.'

All of it mun.

My father took me on a soccer trip to London for my sixteenth birthday. First Arsenal against Manchester United, then Swansea City played at Fulham. That weekend I fell in love with Swansea, the then very modest club from Wales. During that period I was of course still at school. For English, which I was really not good at at the time, we had to write a letter to England. I then wrote to Swansea and to my great surprise there was a response and my letter was even printed in the club magazine. Well, then you keep in touch with those guys and camaraderie develops. That's how I met one of my best friends, David. I later joined that club with him.

When I was twenty, I took over my father's wallpaper shop, here in The Hague. At the time, that was a small business, at most 80 square meters of retail space. But with a good concept: we not only sold wallpaper, but also hung it up on the house. I still do that by the way. I just go along with those guys to do some wallpaper. Sitting on the couch with mother is also getting bored. At one point we had four stores in town, but I reduced that to a large 2,500 square foot store spread over two floors. In other words, the Wallpaper Paradise. Expand to multiple branches in the country? Not a hair on my head who thinks about that, I am not such an entrepreneur. Money doesn't really interest me either. I work with a small group of people I've known for years. I don't have to cross the country to play manager. Now I do what I like.

In 2001, Swansea was almost ruined by a bad Australian owner. David then called to ask if I didn't want to put £ 50,000 into the club, along with a number of other supporters. Without consulting my wife, I thought: I'll just do it. That amount was certainly not my last money - although I was anything but a millionaire at the time - but I don't gamble, I don't drink, and the rest is history. The city got behind us, the stadium was full. My club got promoted and promoted, until we became a stable middle-driver in the Premier League with smart policy.

We didn't actually want to sell, because it is unique: a club led by supporters. But it started to gnaw at me more and more. Here at the wallpaper store I couldn't offer guys who earn $ 1,500 a month a raise in salary, but at the club I gave football players millions in signing money alone. At one point I could no longer look at myself in the mirror. But then a group of American investors came by and we were able to sell the club for 120 million. I still remember it as yesterday: on July 22, 2016, I was suddenly a multi-millionaire. The “wallpaper king” who skipped the step of millionaire and immediately has a multiple (allegedly 8.5 million euros, ed.) In his account. Anyway, money doesn't interest me. I'm just happy that my disabled daughter's future is secured, if I ever fall away. Everything for the family, that is the real benefit of my childhood dream come true. '

Ebo said:
My father took me on a soccer trip to London for my sixteenth birthday. First Arsenal against Manchester United, then Swansea City played at Fulham. That weekend I fell in love with Swansea, the then very modest club from Wales. During that period I was of course still at school. For English, which I was really not good at at the time, we had to write a letter to England. I then wrote to Swansea and to my great surprise there was a response and my letter was even printed in the club magazine. Well, then you keep in touch with those guys and camaraderie develops. That's how I met one of my best friends, David. I later joined that club with him.

When I was twenty, I took over my father's wallpaper shop, here in The Hague. At the time, that was a small business, at most 80 square meters of retail space. But with a good concept: we not only sold wallpaper, but also hung it up on the house. I still do that by the way. I just go along with those guys to do some wallpaper. Sitting on the couch with mother is also getting bored. At one point we had four stores in town, but I reduced that to a large 2,500 square foot store spread over two floors. In other words, the Wallpaper Paradise. Expand to multiple branches in the country? Not a hair on my head who thinks about that, I am not such an entrepreneur. Money doesn't really interest me either. I work with a small group of people I've known for years. I don't have to cross the country to play manager. Now I do what I like.

In 2001, Swansea was almost ruined by a bad Australian owner. David then called to ask if I didn't want to put £ 50,000 into the club, along with a number of other supporters. Without consulting my wife, I thought: I'll just do it. That amount was certainly not my last money - although I was anything but a millionaire at the time - but I don't gamble, I don't drink, and the rest is history. The city got behind us, the stadium was full. My club got promoted and promoted, until we became a stable middle-driver in the Premier League with smart policy.

We didn't actually want to sell, because it is unique: a club led by supporters. But it started to gnaw at me more and more. Here at the wallpaper store I couldn't offer guys who earn $ 1,500 a month a raise in salary, but at the club I gave football players millions in signing money alone. At one point I could no longer look at myself in the mirror. But then a group of American investors came by and we were able to sell the club for 120 million. I still remember it as yesterday: on July 22, 2016, I was suddenly a multi-millionaire. The “wallpaper king” who skipped the step of millionaire and immediately has a multiple (allegedly 8.5 million euros, ed.) In his account. Anyway, money doesn't interest me. I'm just happy that my disabled daughter's future is secured, if I ever fall away. Everything for the family, that is the real benefit of my childhood dream come true. '

We didn't actually want to sell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Darran said:
Ebo said:

We didn't actually want to sell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, a classic case of 'not funny but laughable'. :roll:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back