• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Lessons not being learned?

NeathJack

First Team Player
Reaction score
In terms of the summer transfer window. I hope this is just linked to the apparent investment/takeover that is rumoured and not simply negligence.

https://youtu.be/Swv4WIRXbdQ?t=345

NeathJack said:
In terms of the summer transfer window. I hope this is just linked to the apparent investment/takeover that is rumoured and not simply negligence.

https://youtu.be/Swv4WIRXbdQ?t=345

I'll be surprised if the yanks spend any significant money this summer Martin will be fed scraps, despite what they may have told him, forget all that PR crap that was spouted after the January window closed.

Although there were press releases about reviews / lessons being learnt etc, I got the impression from the trust interview when they were on the spot that they didn't think they'd done anything wrong.

So I don't think think they think there was any learning to be had from previous windows.

Chief said:
Although there were press releases about reviews / lessons being learnt etc, I got the impression from the trust interview when they were on the spot that they didn't think they'd done anything wrong.

So I don't think think they think there was any learning to be had from previous windows.

If levien holds on to power, we are done.

I was quietly confident after the backlash and even from parts of the media that we wouldn't see a repeat of the January window because no one came out of it looking good and it was followed with a disastrous strong of results.....that today as we stand only heightens the view that if we done something then what could have been.

My fear now is that little snippets appear to be coming out and yet again it has a feel of deja Vue.....a board who aggravated Potter, Cooper and now it appears that Martin has a fear once again.

I won't take the suher coating as some appear to take, it suits and I get it but the picture is always far bigger than an individual's agenda however much they shout it and repeat it but I really would fear things if it become deja Vue all over again come August 1st.

magicdaps10 said:
I was quietly confident after the backlash and even from parts of the media that we wouldn't see a repeat of the January window because no one came out of it looking good and it was followed with a disastrous strong of results.....that today as we stand only heightens the view that if we done something then what could have been.

We were in the midst of disastrous results long before you had finished your advent calendar. The form table had very little to do with the window at the end of January.

Cooperman said:
We were in the midst of disastrous results long before you had finished your advent calendar. The form table had very little to do with the window at the end of January.

It's almost funny how many people are trying to blame a transfer window that opened in January for a run of results that began in October.

Cooperman said:

Wouldn't disagree with that Coop, I would ask when our worse run of the season was?
I certainly don't think it was a coincidence that the debacle of January contributed to a knock in confidence and quite a while later, no question that Martin needs to shoulder some of that responsibility but there were other factors to contribute to it that are just seemingly passed off.

If we are going to highlight one thing and ignore something else then we are truly cooked.

Dr. Winston said:
It's almost funny how many people are trying to blame a transfer window that opened in January for a run of results that began in October.

It’s like those three months never happened. Yeah but the owners.

The contract situations are out of the managers hands here guys, let's stick to the source of who is in control of these situations are the board.

No one is debating previous runs just the lack of proactivity in the building and the consequences that follow.

Dr. Winston said:

Nobody ever considers how the results of the January window could have been used to galvanise the playing squad that remained. That was an opportunity for leadership qualities to shine through, after all those that remained at the club were in a much stronger position for game time. Instead Martin went public with various comments and some folk have lapped it up as root cause of all problems.

Cooperman said:
Nobody ever considers how the results of the January window could have been used to galvanise the playing squad that remained. That was an opportunity for leadership qualities to shine through, after all those that remained at the club were in a much stronger position for game time. Instead Martin went public with various comments and some folk have lapped it up as root cause of all problems.

And some to use it as a stick to beat him with.

As you are trying to get through in your posts coop, it's more to just one angle that people see it and that's a double edged sword.

Martin is a clown when he loses and goes on a bad run but yet a good win and a run of results leads with a well done with a big dose of "BUT"

Some people have a love in for Russ but others will just not take to him. It's quite a strange situation!

I just want to put out there, I have been supportive of him but was in the situation that he needed to be gone in that recent run of gorm but he has stayed and seems to have control of things again..........was that the yaznks being proactive or just sitting on their hands hoping for an upturn in fortunes?
Either way, it's worked out for them.

magicdaps10 said:
Wouldn't disagree with that Coop, I would ask when our worse run of the season was?

No wins in eight between 23rd October and 30th December. Has this got anything to do with January?

We then opened up February with Birmingham at home. Ahhhh Brum home, a 4-3 defeat snatched from the jaws of victory through two injury time goals. This was where we ended up with ten men on the pitch as a result of Martin getting his subs wrong. Has this got anything to do with January?

Cooperman said:
No wins in eight between 23rd October and 30th December. Has this got anything to do with January?

We then opened up February with Birmingham at home. Ahhhh Brum home, a 4-3 defeat snatched from the jaws of victory through two injury time goals. This was where we ended up with ten men on the pitch as a result of Martin getting his subs wrong. Has this got anything to do with January?

Not to mention that the subs he did make were of his often used "bring on defensive players and try to sit out the last 25 minutes before inevitably conceding a late goal or two" type.

The squad does need strengthening. Ideally we'd have added some of the genuine width and pace that we currently lack, but given the way Russy was sending the team out to play nobody could seriously have expected him to make worthwhile use of it at the time.

He has changed his preferred style. We play four at the back instead of three, reducing the amount of empty space opposing teams found it so easy to attack into. We're less obsessed with playing stupid passes in our own area. We have more of an attacking threat in midfield now Ntcham is playing through the middle rather than from the flanks. Paterson is no longer persona non grata.

Somehow certain people have convinced themselves that this is Martin being proven right rather than admitting what he knew for months but refused to accept. What was apparent from previous occasions when he'd tinkered with the style before reverting back to Plan A.

magicdaps10 said:
And some to use it as a stick to beat him with.

As you are trying to get through in your posts coop, it's more to just one angle that people see it and that's a double edged sword.

Martin is a clown when he loses and goes on a bad run but yet a good win and a run of results leads with a well done with a big dose of "BUT"

Some people have a love in for Russ but others will just not take to him. It's quite a strange situation!

I just want to put out there, I have been supportive of him but was in the situation that he needed to be gone in that recent run of gorm but he has stayed and seems to have control of things again..........was that the yaznks being proactive or just sitting on their hands hoping for an upturn in fortunes?
Either way, it's worked out for them.

Let’s separate the footballing side from the non footballing side. Off the pitch he appears to be a very likeable chap, he connects with the fan base and shows a passion for the club and the surrounding area. We have a cool guy at the helm - so what, this doesn’t win matches and isn’t the reason why I invest time and money into the club.

When it comes to the footballing side, he should very much expect to be criticised when he persist with a tactical set up which is flawed and fails to play to the strengths of the team. This is it, pure and simple. If he then adapts it is not unreasonable to think that folk will adjust their thinking, not all at the same time as some will take longer than others. This logic applies to prominent positions across many job sectors, it doesn’t matter whether it’s a football club or a factory that makes baked beans - it’s a results business.

There are of course the odd few who cannot back out from the stance that they have taken. That’s up to them, but what they say and what they think are possibly two different things.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back