• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Liberty Stadium concert announcement 23.6.21

Am happy to be corrected, but will it be a test event...say 20k spectators?
Then watch as Drakeford says only 10 k allowed in the Liberty for start of our season.
C'mon you know its coming.

Londonlisa2001 said:
It’d be a great coup to get Elton at the Liberty. Whether his voice is or isn’t what it was he puts on a hell of a show.

I beg to differ. Seen him twice, not looking for the hat-trick.

Detailed version

First concert after the sun had to pay him a million for the Amsterdam allegations was at the NEC. I thought he'd stick two fingers up to them and begin with "I'm still standing".
Nope, we had 10 sombre songs in a row. Nobody stood up, nobody danced, nobody sang along.
He then did an uptempo "I guess that's why they call it the blues". Finally. Everyone was on their feet, dancing and singing along....until the next song where we went back to sombre.
For the encore he came back on flamboyantly dressed with a crown and flowing robes and sang a couple of hits and the audience finally got up again.
The next day the papers were saying how great it was, Elton is back and a picture of him wearing the crown. Listening to the crowd as we walked back, not one person agreed, it was that bad.

Worst concert ever.

Shortened version. Seen him twice, he was shite.

Irrespective of whether he’s actually any good any more it would be a massive coup for him to play the Liberty because he’s one of the biggest names in the world of entertainment.

Did go to his appearance at the Liberty , June 2013 , after growing up with his music through the years .
Like him or loathe him , he put on a hell of a show that day .

Also on stage and maybe as a crowd pleaser , he did mention the Swans + Watfords" rise through the divisions , and his visits to The Vetch .
Possibly he still has connections with the boardroom and directorship there ?

Robbie said:
Did go to his appearance at the Liberty , June 2013 , after growing up with his music through the years .

Also on stage and maybe as a crowd pleaser , he did mention the Swans + Watfords" rise through the divisions , and his visits to The Vetch .
He’s life president of Watford.

He will never please everyone , but as a football fan , he seemed to enjoy playing in a football stadium .

Darran said:
Robbie said:

He’s life president of Watford.

He was at the game against us last day of the season. I saw pictures of him with his kids.

One of his sons plays for the Watford Academy as well.

Robbie said:
He will never please everyone , but as a football fan , he seemed to enjoy playing in a football stadium .

He said he wants the final concert he does on this farewell tour to be at Watford’s ground.

sainthelens said:
Am happy to be corrected, but will it be a test event...say 20k spectators?
Then watch as Drakeford says only 10 k allowed in the Liberty for start of our season.
C'mon you know its coming.

It’s in 2022.

Anyone know the ticket prices?

Just want to know how much I will save by avoiding this like the plague.

Swanjaxs said:
Not for me, would rather see Declan John playing at the Liberty

We all wanted to see that but it just didn't happen :lol:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back