• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Life could have been so different?

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It was December 2015 when a very innocuous but now very infamous tweet was made from a then Swansea City director that simply said “Hola” and it was assumed that this meant that Huw Jenkins’ trip to South America was to prove successful and Marcelo Bielsa was about to be crowned the new manager of Swansea City.

Read More

2020-02-26T210610Z_1318584826_RC2L8F9BT7X3_RTRMADP_3_SOCCER-ENGLAND-MID-LEE-REPORT.jpg

Swansea played a similar style of football to the way Bielsa plays so yes the great man would have done the business at the Liberty Stadium

Fair play.64.
Like your posts but hate your club.Its the way it should be really.

Leeds clearly took a gamble with Bielsa and it might yet be too much for him in Prem.

That said,I post with sadness in my soul thinking about we did,as a club and what might be ahead. Big club will welcome you no doubt and West Yorks will be bouncing ,outside Huddersfield and Bradford anyway.

Im due a visit soon to Leeds and not looking forward to meeting up with a room full of Leeds fans.

Your fans are loyal and spread all over the world and I admit you deserve to be at the top table.

We were and should still be there and our fans deserve better after a memorable Lazarus job in getting there.

Marcelo Bielsa was willing to come over and manage us, but he wanted a 3 year deal.
Jenkins would only offer a contract until the end of that season, with the promise of a further 2 years if we avoided relegation to the Championship.

Another blinder played by Huw 👍🏻

Swanjaxs said:
Marcelo Bielsa was willing to come over and manage us, but he wanted a 3 year deal.
Jenkins would only offer a contract until the end of that season, with the promise of a further 2 years if we avoided relegation to the Championship.

Its been a great day here but reading that ,the sky has now become an eiderdown of grey

Toronto_Motors said:
Fair play.64.

Leeds clearly took a gamble with Bielsa and it might yet be too much for him in Prem.

That said,I post with sadness in my soul thinking about we did,as a club and what might be ahead. Big club will welcome you no doubt and West Yorks will be bouncing ,outside Huddersfield and Bradford anyway.

Im due a visit soon to Leeds and not looking forward to meeting up with a room full of Leeds fans.

Your fans are loyal and spread all over the world and I admit you deserve to be at the top table.

We were and should still be there and our fans deserve better after a memorable Lazarus job in getting there.
Thank you Toronto

Try enjoy Leeds

Swanjaxs said:

Bielsa knows it takes more than just one year to turn a clubs fortunes around, he personally needed to adapt to the championship & lessons were learn't, he quickly realised what was required after his first season in English football.

Marcelo & his entourage didn't come cheap however if we reach the prem he'd have paid back in bucket loads what he cost us!

There’s no way. Bielsa would have put up with Huw Jenkins, Jenkins was never going to employ him, it was a total pile of bullshit.
Bielsa would have ruined him.

N.Ireland Jack said:
There’s no way. Bielsa would have put up with Huw Jenkins, Jenkins was never going to employ him, it was a total pile of bullshit.
Bielsa would have ruined him.

What a lovely thought though

1964white said:
Toronto_Motors said:
Fair play.64.

Thank you Toronto

Try enjoy Leeds

There is a pub we go to on main road in Rothwell.We ll be there Sunday

I have always said a manager like Beilsa is the way forward for the Swans. Worth breaking the bank for.
Comfortably the highest paid at the club they would be the attraction for players to come here backed up by our excellent academy.
Something we should still be aiming for.
I take exception with you over Guidolin though.
He actually offered his services when Curt was aging by the minute> Jenkins claimed no one wanted to manage us as we plummeted downwards.
He saves us was disgracefully treated as a reward as Jenkins performed his latest cock up in sacking him for the useless Blobby.
Had we kept Frankie would quite likely would have still be in the Prem.

Has Bielsa attracted payers to Leeds? Not sure about that but totally agree with the Guideline situation.
Franco was treated appallingly for weeks on end but it wasn't just Jenkins, the press and un-named 'sources' all had they eves out, a good number of fans too.
What many fans who criticise him don't remember is we were weren't in a relegation place when he was sacked.
In the league we had narrowly lost to Man City and Liverpool, both of which could have beaten any team in Europe at the time. We also narrowly lost to Man City with our second string in the League Cup (Our £60 ish million team v their £360 million) We played wonderful football that really gave hope for recovery.
Also, he'd had to contend with players being late back from international duty (Ki just late) and injuries.

Badlands said:
Has Bielsa attracted payers to Leeds? Not sure about that but totally agree with the Guideline situation.
Franco was treated appallingly for weeks on end but it wasn't just Jenkins, the press and un-named 'sources' all had they eves out, a good number of fans too.
What many fans who criticise him don't remember is we were weren't in a relegation place when he was sacked.
In the league we had narrowly lost to Man City and Liverpool, both of which could have beaten any team in Europe at the time. We also narrowly lost to Man City with our second string in the League Cup (Our £60 ish million team v their £360 million) We played wonderful football that really gave hope for recovery.
Also, he'd had to contend with players being late back from international duty (Ki just late) and injuries.

unforgivable really to replace him with the illicit lovechild of Jasper Carrot and John McClean.

Saw a Sky clip on him this morning.
He is absolutely worshipped up at Leeds. He has transformed their side.
Mad as a box of frogs of course. Did not like the hotel he was put in so he bought a small 1 bed flat above a sweet shop in a village near to their training ground. He walks to work and is happy to pose for selfies with the fans on his way.
One telling thing was that football is a hobby for him. If he is not happy, he walks. Spent two days in Lazio because he 'did not like their chairman'. Parallels to be drawn with the 'hola' incident? Maybe he di not like the cut of the Jenkins jib.
Shame. I suspect we would have been a perfect match.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back