• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Live music in Swansea for 75 years

Muteswan

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
2024 will be the 75th anniversary of The Swansea Jazz Club, albeit under different names. It is apparently the longest running weekly jazz club in the UK.
Under the leadership of Dave Cottle for the last 27 years we’ve been treated to the most wonderful line ups of musical talent from all over the world.
You may have noticed that I post about the club on occasions and try to put over that there are so many styles of jazz that maybe some people may not even realise it is jazz. For instance, in the programme for the coming year are musicians that you may not have heard of before but play with huge megastars on albums and when they tour. You probably have not heard that one of Dave’s brothers (Laurence) is the bass player on one of Black Sabbath’s albums. He’s also played with Clapton,and many other household names. He’s also playing at the club before Christmas.
I hope I don’t bore you with my posts about the Jazz Club and of course The Swansea International Jazz Festival, which is also down to the hard work of Dave Cottle, but if some of you get a chance to come along then hopefully you’ll enjoy it. Click on the link for upcoming gigs, before and after the New Year.
KEEP MUSIC LIVE.

https://www.swanseajazzland.co.uk/ourtickets/cat_1602293-1-WEEKLY-EVENTS-Cu-Mumbles.html

Dave is a lifelong Swans fan and season ticket holder for many years and sits next to me at the stadium.

The band Amen Corner made their live debut at the jazz club.

https://www.paperturn-view.com/?pid=ODc8767231

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back