• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Looks like we're searching for another Leon.

With Korey Smith coming in and Garner supposedly coming on loan after the Europa, can't see where Stewart fits in unless he's happy coming in as a squad player.

Swansea93 said:
With Korey Smith coming in and Garner supposedly coming on loan after the Europa, can't see where Stewart fits in unless he's happy coming in as a squad player.

Grimes, Fulton and Byers will have to fight for their places. Lack of competition in the middle was one of our problems last season.

Dr. Winston said:
Swansea93 said:

Grimes, Fulton and Byers will have to fight for their places. Lack of competition in the middle was one of our problems last season.
Yeah, but Grimes seems like he won't be dropped by Cooper so I think he'll be nailed on to start.

Swansea93 said:
Dr. Winston said:
Yeah, but Grimes seems like he won't be dropped by Cooper so I think he'll be nailed on to start.

He wasn’t dropped because there was nobody available to replace him.

Cooperman said:
Swansea93 said:

He wasn’t dropped because there was nobody available to replace him.

Would have been different had the club not gone for a big printed flag of our faces and invested in cardboard cutouts. :eek:

There wont be another Leon. A player who would have improved England.

Alongside Grimes we need a Ferrie Bodde type player but again these are rarer than interesting Cardiff fans.

Fulton had a good season and there is a decent player in Byers, when Byo started he looked like a Gylfi replacement to me though a better defender than Gylfi, though that is not saying much as I have not seen such talented AM as Gylfi without an ounce of defensive nous or ability.

Probably done our shopping now though I expect an offer for Grimes who is a valuable asset who we will fight to keep along with Cooper who is thd top manager in the Championship and could be tempted away.

Baron Goblet said:

Alongside Grimes we need a Ferrie Bodde type player but again these are rarer than interesting Cardiff fans.

Fulton had a good season and there is a decent player in Byers, when Byo started he looked like a Gylfi replacement to me though a better defender than Gylfi, though that is not saying much as I have not seen such talented AM as Gylfi without an ounce of defensive nous or ability.

Probably done our shopping now though I expect an offer for Grimes who is a valuable asset who we will fight to keep along with Cooper who is thd top manager in the Championship and could be tempted away.

The Top manager??
He seemed to improve but jury still out

Baron Goblet said:

Byers a replacement for Gylfi?
Probably done or shopping now?
Fighting to keep Grimes?

Run this lot by me again.

Are we searching for "another Leon" in the context of an excellent holding midfield player, or in the context of a well respected former player who is content in acting as a mouthpiece for the owners who screwed over the Supporters Trust in exchange for a comfortable job?

If it's the latter - we are quickly running out of options. Trundle, Leon and Tate are all happily standing in line. Has Rangel retired yet?

Baron Goblet said:

If it’s true we are getting Garner from Utd I have a feeling we are expecting bids for Grimes.

El Capitan Grimes continues to attract interest as he did last year from the league above. Cooper decided to give Grimes the captaincy to move him up a peg in what turned out to be a tilt at promotion. Grimes is our best midfielder. I really hope he stays, there is more to come from the man. Level headed, hard worker, massive talent.

Baron Goblet said:
El Capitan Grimes continues to attract interest as he did last year from the league above. Cooper decided to give Grimes the captaincy to move him up a peg in what turned out to be a tilt at promotion. Grimes is our best midfielder. I really hope he stays, there is more to come from the man. Level headed, hard worker, massive talent.

'Grimes is our best midfielder.'
That sentence explains perfectly why we got very lucky to make 6th rather than top 4.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back