• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Manchester United, Everton and England – that experience would bode well for us?

I don't think he'd want it.

Got a cushy number over there with DC United. He can stay there for a couple of years and get some experience under his belt or come back here, have the tabloid press up his arse all the time and have thousands scream 'Granny Shagger' at him week in week out.

Don't know his personal situation though. Maybe he's itching to come back.

He’s on a great run for DC at the minute, I don’t think our board will be in a hurry to bring him here over #1 project DC United.

Erm, erm, erm, erm, erm, erm, erm (in a Wayne Rooney accent), no thanks.

He's a bit thick, but whatever you say about him, players would come here to play under him, from what he achieved as a player, like Laudrup

proper United legend, on the world stage.
way above our pay grade though.

however if our Owners can pull it off, retain Grimes and Piroe, and a proper tilt at promo beckons......born winner.
warra massive platform for us, on the world stage, again.

exciting times, again.

One thing I do respect about Rooney. At Derby, when the club ran out of funds, he paid the players from his own pocket for a couple of weeks.

I still wouldn't want him running Swansea.

RodgerTheDodger said:
One thing I do respect about Rooney. At Derby, when the club ran out of funds, he paid the players from his own pocket for a couple of weeks.

I still wouldn't want him running Swansea.

Yeah many managers would have just upped sticks and left with all the grief at Derby but while I do wonder at his decision making (granny prostitute being one amongst many very public highlights of this) his willingness to soldier on at Derby and even pay the wages of his players out of his own pocket was worthy of respect.

As you said not sure if I would want him as manager (a circus of some kind manages to follow him wherever he goes) - but his links with United could also open certain doors in the loan market. Admittedly though a big part of that was Ferguson who was always happy to loan youth to his former players to help them out in management.

Rooney has been surprisingly mature since becoming a manager. He was working under impossible conditions at Derby and, if anything, I give him credit for how he did there. If they hadn't had their 21 points deducted they would have finished in 17th, only 6 points behind us

Cooperman said:
Erm, erm, erm, erm, erm, erm, erm (in a Wayne Rooney accent), no thanks.

I watched the video posted earlier in this thread of Rooney giving his speech to the squad - note the subtitle during this part..

ATTACH]

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back