• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Manning and Latibeaudiere Leaving

Disappointed to see Manning leave, Latibeaudiere not so much (if at all).

Players come players go. They have to do what they think is best for them.

Didn't Manning join us on a free after refusing to sign a new deal at his previous club? If so, the club can't claim to be surprised at his decision.

Will be a real shame to see Manning leave, the club will almost certainly look to try to get something for him in January if thats the case rather than seeing him leave for free in the summer.

Lati we are far less likely to see suitors as much because of the way he has been mismanaged by RM being pigeonholed into a wingback position that everyone but RM could see that he was just simply not suited for. He lacks the pace, trickery and creative instincts to make the position a threatening one for the opposition.

I would like to say that it would likely give Ogbeta a chance to shine if we do sell off Manning in the winter window but more likely we will see Andy Fisher being converted into a wingback :lol:

Personally if it was up to me I would look to recall Whittaker who has been a real threat in a no 10 position in a way that Cundle and Paterson have not. He has pace and trickery and a cannon of a left boot. A front three of Piroe/Obafemi, Oli Cooper and Whittaker flanked by Ogbeta and a right wingback with pace would be a very very different proposition to the attacking lineup with minimal pace that we have at the moment.

Disappointing regarding Manning as he’s currently one of our best players so hoping we can sort something out.

Latibeaudierre is an early Christmas present. Tara.

It's bleedin' obvious what's going to happen. Clubs scout players from other clubs all the time. Someone will snap up Manning, and we'll be stuck with Lati for another one or two years when no-one comes in for him.

JackSomething said:
Didn't Manning join us on a free after refusing to sign a new deal at his previous club? If so, the club can't claim to be surprised at his decision.

I think Martin's comment speaks volumes “I think it’s a really good deal. It’s a good deal for us." . So if it's a good deal for us, then presumably, by the same token, it's not a good deal for Manning.

karnataka said:
I think Martin's comment speaks volumes “I think it’s a really good deal. It’s a good deal for us." . So if it's a good deal for us, then presumably, by the same token, it's not a good deal for Manning.

You could read that comment another way though in that we have offered Manning a good deal given what we normally would offer.

No doubt Manning’s agent knows what he will be offered elsewhere so it’s a simple decision for him really.

Lati’s agent will be working behind the scenes for a better offer but clearly one hasn’t come along yet…

Pegojack said:
It's bleedin' obvious what's going to happen. Clubs scout players from other clubs all the time. Someone will snap up Manning, and we'll be stuck with Lati for another one or two years when no-one comes in for him.

Wouldn’t at all be surprised. And we probably won’t replace Manning either (just as we didn’t Bids).

well we know that Manning (and Lati) are now looking at very fat signing fees in the summer so we have to be pragmatic about what happens next. They are both going to be here until May maximum so what value are they going to have until then? Will be get a transfer fee for either or let them go on free's letting the wages clear for someone on loan/6 month contract who is better, and improves our play off chances on a contract until may. I say that they should be let go now as the nature of the beast is to look after Swansea.
Players running down contracts cannot be good for the rest of team morale as the other players on the fringe will be annoyed that the players leaving are taking up player berths when they have no interest in staying at the club.

Strange coincidence that both these players gave up some of their holiday time, to serve the homeless in Swansea on Christmas day. Good on them.

Neath_Jack said:
Strange coincidence that both these players gave up some of their holiday time, to serve the homeless in Swansea on Christmas day. Good on them.

In what way is it a strange coincidence? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Darran said:
In what way is it a strange coincidence? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Because the title of this thread includes the two players I mentioned.

There are loads of other players in the SCFC squad, it was only these two that I know of who were volunteering to serve the homeless. It could have been any of our other players, or combination of other players, but it wasn't. A coincidence.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back