• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Martin interview in the build up to Boxing day game

Well he did have a contract.... he patently was not pushed out.

And he went to a club that he knew was (and still is) screwing over the club he claims to love in terms of compo....

Been busy all day, only just catching up with this, and on Twitter.

Caused a right kerfuffle on Twits fair play.

Not sure why people still get so wound up about this stuff, maybe just my age.

He had the team playing some nice football on times, calamitous defending often, questionable transfers and team selections, won some games, lost some, went on a long run of poor results, then he left.

Neath_Jack said:
Been busy all day, only just catching up with this, and on Twitter.

Caused a right kerfuffle on Twits fair play.

Not sure why people still get so wound up about this stuff, maybe just my age.

He had the team playing some nice football on times, calamitous defending often, questionable transfers and team selections, won some games, lost some, went on a long run of poor results, then he left.

:lol:

It’s genuinely mental that people still can’t get over their hatred of Martin. In Potter, Cooper and Martin we’ve had three managers who could have got us over the line if they had been properly supported. Instead each one was shafted by our Americant owners. Three different personalities, three difference styles in terms of man management and tactical approach. Each one screwed over despite doing enough to show what was possible. Each one has gone on to do well with clubs that have backed them.

If the Americans manage to persuade a decent manager to come in they’ll probably do the same again. Since they’ve bought the club every good decision has been followed by a series of unfathomable episodes of self harm. They don’t know what they’re doing. But still, Martin bad, shiny hair bad, passing bad, blah, blah, blah.

A so called swans fan wants Southampton to beat us cos reasons. I think I’ve finally seen it all.

It's going to be carnage on here boxing day post game. Wonder if wuss will fist the east stand after the game.

exiledclaseboy said:
A so called swans fan want’s Southampton to beat us cos reasons. I think I’ve finally seen it all.

Horrible mind :shock:

Dwy Goes Bren said:
It’s genuinely mental that people still can’t get over their hatred of Martin. In Potter, Cooper and Martin we’ve had three managers who could have got us over the line if they had been properly supported. Instead each one was shafted by our Americant owners. Three different personalities, three difference styles in terms of man management and tactical approach. Each one screwed over despite doing enough to show what was possible. Each one has gone on to do well with clubs that have backed them.

We've been losing money hand over fist since relegation. I'm always curious what "properly supported" is supposed to look like. Everyone agrees that we should be a sustainable football club until a transfer window rolls around and managers start whinging to the press about how hard it is not to have everything they want.

Fact is Martin hadn't done nearly enough to suggest he deserved a new contract and millions to spend by last January. Most managers in the EFL would have been sacked if they produced the sort of form he had us in.

jasper_T said:
We've been losing money hand over fist since relegation. I'm always curious what "properly supported" is supposed to look like. Everyone agrees that we should be a sustainable football club until a transfer window rolls around and managers start whinging to the press about how hard it is not to have everything they want.

Fact is Martin hadn't done nearly enough to suggest he deserved a new contract and millions to spend by last January. Most managers in the EFL would have been sacked if they produced the sort of form he had us in.

Fact is the hedge fund has made themselves some dollars, regardless what customs house has to report, ways and means Jasp aye, but you keep on towing the line kid 😉

jasper_T said:

I’m not talking about spending crazy money. For example, the yanks refusing to sign Christie despite him doing well with us and Martin wanting him. Then compounding the decision by foisting unwanted signings and loans on Martin. It’s not just Martin who’s had to deal with this nonsense. You don’t have to back the manager’s choice every time, but you certainly shouldn’t be foisting unwanted players on a manager. They’re unlikely to play much and will usually lose rather than gain value. That’s not a model I consider to be sustainable.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
It's going to be carnage on here boxing day post game. Wonder if wuss will fist the east stand after the game.

Well he could try but seeing as the game is at Southampton, that might be difficult :)

exiledclaseboy said:
A so called swans fan wants Southampton to beat us cos reasons. I think I’ve finally seen it all.

Its the Twitter / social media generation fan.

I think they call it tweeting for clout these days. Clout was something altogether different when i was their age.

jasper_T said:

Absolutely. He was lucky to in a job by February. Having said that we only made one signing in January. A kid for the Swans U21. What a piss take. I would be furious too. Maybe they didn't trust him after some of his previous signings, or maybe the relationship with the owners had broken down. We picked up in March and went on amazing run. With better recruitment in January maybe we could have got into the playoffs.

Neath_Jack said:
Its the Twitter / social media generation fan.

I think they call it tweeting for clout these days. Clout was something altogether different when i was their age.

I’d imagine my first thought at seeing the word “clout” was much the same as yours. :lol:

Dwy Goes Bren said:
I’m not talking about spending crazy money. For example, the yanks refusing to sign Christie despite him doing well with us and Martin wanting him. Then compounding the decision by foisting unwanted signings and loans on Martin. It’s not just Martin who’s had to deal with this nonsense. You don’t have to back the manager’s choice every time, but you certainly shouldn’t be foisting unwanted players on a manager. They’re unlikely to play much and will usually lose rather than gain value. That’s not a model I consider to be sustainable.

Christie was poor for us after the first few weeks, and he's on far more than we could afford at Hull. I can definitely understand the argument that a player his age with no sell-on value wasn't worth what he was asking. Could have fielded a whole team of Latibeaudieres for the same money.

There has to be a balance between giving a manager what he wants, and a manager working with what he's given to the long term benefit of the club. The average manager spends such a short length of time at a club these days that putting everything in their hands is just not sensible, most players will work under multiple managers during their time at a club. Plenty of blame to go around when money is spent poorly. Mark Allen was justifiably sacked after the Finley Burns and Ogbeta debacles. Martin originally wanted to sign Sorinola on a permanent but the board wouldn't back him.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back