• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

May 2nd 1981 – Swansea City’s finest day comes in Preston

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
May 2nd 1981.  A date that will live long in the memory of Swansea City supporters everywhere.   A 3-1 win at Deepdale that ended a remarkable journey that began just four years earlier and lifted the Swans from Division Four to Division One in such a short period of time. Just six years earlier,...

Read more

One of the best days of my entire life. Young free and single. Drove up with 3 nutter friends in a hired Morris Ital. We were all far too drunk to drive back so the other three took it in turns...obviously I would never have dreamt of having a go. I vaguely remember some of the parts of the HoV road being quite 'interesting'.

2011 came close, but 1981 wins.

One of my 3 best ever Swans matches along with Wembley 2011 and Valencia 2013.

Went with my brother and what a memorable day it turned out to be. One of the things I recall was during our walk back to find my car when 2 guys started running towards us and we thought we were in for a bit of trouble but it turned out they were Swans fans too and were trying to get to the station when they started getting chased by some Blackburn fans of ill intent and just wanted a lift, which we were glad to provide! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Up there with Reading@Wembley as my top 2 Swans games ever. Maybe Forest and Leeds home games not far behind.

I remember getting on the footy special at Port Talbot to Preston , double decker bus to the ground , taunting the Blackburn fans in the ground, surging down the terrace when Leighton James scored .. promotion and our train being bricked heavily leaving Cardiff Central. Halcyon away day !

Apart from being with my lad for Reading at Wembley, Preston was my greatest day ever as a swans fan. Everyone on the bus back talking about the forthcoming away games wed get to see, but only ever dreamt of.
Incredible day.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back