• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Meridian tower problem

AndyCole said:
MrSwerve said:
I’m currently part of this (not meridian tower but nearby), I opened a thread on it a few months back. We’re having meetings with assembly members and MPs but it is a legal minefield.

The amount of money that we are being asked to cough up is staggering. It’s actually shocking that it’s legal. The insurance companies are getting away with murder on this.

I was asked in January to cough up £8000. Out of nowhere. Thank god I can afford it, but there are hundreds and hundreds of families in a worse position than me that have to pay more. We bought these properties years ago on the basis that they were legal and we’re having to now pay for these f*ck ups.

It’s scandalous, it really is. It’s causing a lot of stress and depression especially in these tough times. I’m getting married next year and hoping to buy a different property, but I cannot remortgage or sell this one until the work is complete. This will take years and years as many are understandably contesting it. It’s putting lives on hold.

As I understand Mr.S the > 18M SA1 developments are now sorted and Persimmon etc sorting ? Can you confirm ? did you need to cough up the £8k as posted ?

The 11-18M sites are now also hopefully to be sorted, in the same vein.

Yep, I had to cough up. The cladding work on my building will be completed in March...we haven’t received a single penny from the government.

Hopefully we get an update from the building management soon re: the recent news.

On a side note, the insurance companies raised their premiums when this started kicking off a few years back, and despite the buildings now being deemed ‘safe’, they are still keeping their prices high as they still think it is high risk. :roll:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back