• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Milk

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Surprised we haven't had a thread about this over the years.
What is your favourite?

Remember sterilised in those long thin bottles ?
Before the days my parents could afford a fridge
Awful stuff
Love full cream milk
However it's skimmed for me as have a fuller figure and constantly trying to battle against it ! :D :D

Good thread, gave up drinking cows milk about 5 years ago now. We drink soya in coffee, and oat milk for everything else, including cooking that requires milk. 👍

Gonna give a shout out to powdered milk, very underrated.
Got used to drinking it whilst doing long stays on Lighthouses when popping to the shop was not an option.

Jack2jack said:
Good thread, gave up drinking cows milk about 5 years ago now. We drink soya in coffee, and oat milk for everything else, including cooking that requires milk. 👍

Interesting J2J. Why did you change and what benefits have you noticed (if you don't mind me asking)? I suffer from some allergies and eczema and I've often wondered whether ditching dairy might help.

I bluddy loves it, I do.

I have a glass of ice cold, semi skimmed nearly every night before bed. Usually with a piece of chocolate.

A little bit of what you fancy does you good. And makes you a fat b*stard.

legoman said:
Jack2jack said:

Interesting J2J. Why did you change and what benefits have you noticed (if you don't mind me asking)? I suffer from some allergies and eczema and I've often wondered whether ditching dairy might help.
Dont mind you asking at all.Well to be fair, it was a decision that we made together, no particular reason, just to cut down on dairy products, we try not to have anything dairy based, save the odd bit of cheese on pizza etc, but dont go out of our way to buy it. We're not health freaks by any stretch. However, we do eat a lot of fruit and veg.As for the benefits of not drinking milk, haven't noticed any to be fair.
If you do a bit of research on the benefits of reducing consumption of meat and dairy products, especially processed stuff, you'd be amazed at the health benefits.
It's a personal choice of course, dont think we'll ever go back to cows milk ever.👍

Pegojack said:
I bluddy loves it, I do.

I have a glass of ice cold, semi skimmed nearly every night before bed. Usually with a piece of chocolate.

A little bit of what you fancy does you good. And makes you a fat b*stard.

Yuk, never been a fan of milk myself. Only milk I ever have is a very small amount of skimmed if I'm having cereal for brekky, just enough to soften the stuff but not enough the affect the taste.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back