• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Morgan Whittaker

Although Gyokeres was rank in every game he was picked for, unlike Whittaker. To be fair no one spotted anything in worthwhile in Gyokeres at the time or wanted him to play.
Mismanagement was responsible for neither contributing much in a Swans shirt - lack of belief from both managers.
Neither had a run of games to show their true ability & both thrived once they'd left us.

Mismanagement was responsible for neither contributing much in a Swans shirt - lack of belief from both managers.
Neither had a run of games to show their true ability & both thrived once they'd left us.
It's not often I defend Steve Cooper, but during the 20/21 season (when Gyokeres was with us until January) we had Ayew and Lowe as ever present picks. Lowe scored 14 goals and Ayew 16, so dropping either to give Gyokeres a run in the team was never really on, especially with us pushing for promotion for most of the season.

In 21/22, we had Piroe (22 goals) and Obafemi (12), so can't knock Martin for not playing Whittaker.

22/23 though, Martin chose to give Cullen three times as many minutes as Whittaker. Cullen did score 8 goals so you can see his thinking, but I don't think many would choose to have Cullen over Whittaker now.

MW is a a lazy player which might explain why some managers don't rate him especially if pressing and work rate is needed

What he does have is the x factor and an eye for goal.

Many called Jason Scotland lazy because other than scoring loads of goals for us, he contributed absolutely nothing.
suspicious-eyes.gif

Even Plymouth fans say when he doesn't have the ball he isn't interested.

When did he have a run under either manager? Did i miss something...
I would say you have.
Had a run in his last season with us, got a goal and offside more times than he touched the ball.

He had opportunities, he rarely impressed here for whatever the reason.

Nonsense. What run was that then?

Are you the one that made up your mind about him when some bloke who follows Derby told you he was a wrong’un?

You people just need to get back to watching football and stop pretending to understand anything. Morgan Whittaker always looked decent on the limited opportunities he was grudgingly given.
That wasn't me Itchy.

I would say you have.
Had a run in his last season with us, got a goal and offside more times than he touched the ball.

He had opportunities, he rarely impressed here for whatever the reason.
Nah don't think I have, same for 99% of the rest of us on here who agree that he never was given any sort of run in the side, but, each to thier own...

Although he took his goal well here for Argyle against us, he did nothing else all game, he did nothing against us down there, he is a luxury player who has flashes of quality but is generally anonymous against any decent teams.

Nah don't think I have, same for 99% of the rest of us on here who agree that he never was given any sort of run in the side, but, each to thier own...
Was involved in 15 games after he was brought back from Plymouth.
He scored in the game against Stoke at home, when he played he was constantly off side.......it might have been his heart was not in it but he certainly was involved.

Was involved in 15 games after he was brought back from Plymouth.
He scored in the game against Stoke at home, when he played he was constantly off side.......it might have been his heart was not in it but he certainly was involved.
Involved / a run of games are two totally different things, stop clutching

And for the avoidance of any doubt, I wasn't overly impressed with Morgan, but to imply he had a decent run of games in the first team is completely wrong.
Hope the lad goes on to have a decent career...

And for the avoidance of any doubt, I wasn't overly impressed with Morgan, but to imply he had a decent run of games in the first team is completely wrong.
Hope the lad goes on to have a decent career...
Same here, wasn't bothered when he left, don't blame him for wanting out.

Had a purple patch during the season at Plymouth and faded as the season went on.

Good luck to the lad 🙏🏼

Swansea City v Norwich City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back