• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Morgan Whittaker

Although he took his goal well here for Argyle against us, he did nothing else all game, he did nothing against us down there, he is a luxury player who has flashes of quality but is generally anonymous against any decent teams.
He scored, more than most of our players can manage.

Was involved in 15 games after he was brought back from Plymouth.
He scored in the game against Stoke at home, when he played he was constantly off side.......it might have been his heart was not in it but he certainly was involved.
You're right that he was involved in 15 games after not being involved in January of course because the club brought him back from his loan just to sell him. So the form he was in at Plymouth was cooled by spending a month off the pitch.

Once we failed to sell him, he had a total of 68 minutes in 4 games as a sub initially. He then had two full matches, the first of which he scored in. He appeared in 9 of the remaining games with a grand total of 179 minutes, which is an average of just under 20 minutes per appearance. Or the equivalent of less than 5 full matches across all 15 games.

It takes a very unusual view to consider that 'a run in the side'.

All stats from here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/morgan-whittaker/leistungsdaten/spieler/502075/plus/1?saison=2022

It takes a very unusual view to consider that 'a run in the side'.

Or a deliberately ignorant one based on a conclusion formed about four years ago.

Nobody with any interest in fairly judging Whittaker could possibly look at the scraps Martin gave him and come to the conclusion that he had a reasonable opportunity to demonstrate his worth. As you have shown, the overwhelming majority of his minutes on the pitch consisted of the odd sub appearance late on in games, usually when we were losing, usually out of position.

Russy set him up to fail. As he did several others over his two years here.

I don't think he had a decent enough run either but whether he did or not, a good manager should be getting as close to 100% as he can out of every player and to do that, at the very least he has to play every player in a position and role that will enable him to perform at or close to his best and I would suspect that Plymouth did that but we didn't.

I don't think he had a decent enough run either but whether he did or not, a good manager should be getting as close to 100% as he can out of every player and to do that, at the very least he has to play every player in a position and role that will enable him to perform at or close to his best and I would suspect that Plymouth did that but we didn't.
Totally agree.

In the past we were the home for all the waifs and strays. Just thinking about Dyer and Routledge as prime examples of what can happen when a player is showed some encouragement and made to feel good about themselves.

Reactions: K23
Totally agree.

In the past we were the home for all the waifs and strays. Just thinking about Dyer and Routledge as prime examples of what can happen when a player is showed some encouragement and made to feel good about themselves.
2 very good examples and there are probably a few others. 👍

We shouldn’t have brought him back from Plymouth, where he was absolutely flying, to sit him on our bench. I’d have downed tools as well, you ain’t taking the piss out of me like that.

Reactions: K23
We shouldn’t have brought him back from Plymouth, where he was absolutely flying, to sit him on our bench. I’d have downed tools as well, you ain’t taking the piss out of me like that.
We should have given Marin the boot.

Swansea City v Norwich City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back