• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Morriston Hospital On Black Alert ...

Sorry to read that, I remember you saying that see had Cancer, but wasn't sure where, hope she's now fully recovered (y)
She’s fine so far thanks mate. The fear never leaves but five or six years ago I expected to be a widower long before 2024 so we’ve got a lot to be thankful for.

52. This is my first. My Mrs gets them fairly regularly but she’s under closer monitoring having previously had bowel cancer.
I'm 63 I remember having one, can't remember any others though, I suppose I must have had them, though.

Yeah because that’s the bit I was on about innit?

Yeah because that’s the bit I was on about innit?

Please enlighten me, when somebody says 'complete and utter bullshit' they do mean, that they disagree with the entirety of the statement. Otherwise they would just say the bit, that they did disagree with?

There are many reasons for the state of the NHS, but it’s not simply down to the Labour government in Cardiff Bay because the NHS in England is also in a mess, there were reports this week the the NHS England official waiting list figures were under recording 2m patients! Nearer home, it’s an outrage that we’re having more AM’s when the NHS is struggling - it’s mental.

I’ve spent a fair chunk of yesterday and today with an unwell relative in our local hospital. Last night the A&E was heaving, no room to swing a cat. The person I was with received prompt attention and was booked for a follow up first thing this morning - very good service.

This morning, we had the follow up process as scheduled, but after that it went awry as it took them 8 hours to find a bed for the person who needs follow up treatment. The person wasnt seen by all the people who need to see him and things will now be delayed to next week which is p@@@ poor.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the school holidays impacted on service delivery coz lots of people will be off. The care system is broken patients can’t be discharged from wards so beds are blocked, patients in A&E can’t be moved on to the wards, ambulances can’t be emptied and patients in the waiting room can’t be seen. The triage system should ensure the most unwell are progressed through the system the quickest, those who are presenting well and provide good obs readings will be at the back of the queue.

The number of beds has been dramatically cut, the number of people has increased, people are living longer, they are older and therefore need more care, medicines which costs more.

New initiatives are being introduced, such as the Independent Prescriber scheme where pharmacists can prescribe antibiotics, but the bottom line is there’s not enough money and capacity in the system.

There are many reasons for the state of the NHS, but it’s not simply down to the Labour government in Cardiff Bay because the NHS in England is also in a mess, there were reports this week the the NHS England official waiting list figures were under recording 2m patients! Nearer home, it’s an outrage that we’re having more AM’s when the NHS is struggling - it’s mental.

I’ve spent a fair chunk of yesterday and today with an unwell relative in our local hospital. Last night the A&E was heaving, no room to swing a cat. The person I was with received prompt attention and was booked for a follow up first thing this morning - very good service.

This morning, we had the follow up process as scheduled, but after that it went awry as it took them 8 hours to find a bed for the person who needs follow up treatment. The person wasnt seen by all the people who need to see him and things will now be delayed to next week which is p@@@ poor.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the school holidays impacted on service delivery coz lots of people will be off. The care system is broken patients can’t be discharged from wards so beds are blocked, patients in A&E can’t be moved on to the wards, ambulances can’t be emptied and patients in the waiting room can’t be seen. The triage system should ensure the most unwell are progressed through the system the quickest, those who are presenting well and provide good obs readings will be at the back of the queue.

The number of beds has been dramatically cut, the number of people has increased, people are living longer, they are older and therefore need more care, medicines which costs more.

New initiatives are being introduced, such as the Independent Prescriber scheme where pharmacists can prescribe antibiotics, but the bottom line is there’s not enough money and capacity in the system.

With all due respect Major, Nhs England may be in a mess, but not as much as Wales. I was seeing pensioners lying on the floor on a few occasions say around 2017, and left there for hours, and yet nothing has changed. The Welsh Government are quick enough to go on ITV News Wales, making statements about the Fire Service which they are also in charge of, to do with homophobia and misogyny in the fire service, and they have appointed x, y and z to sort it all out, but ferk me the NHS in Wales is on fire, let's get some ferking priorities right in this country, the labour dicks are wasting money left, right, and centre on silly vanity projects.. But the way it's going, none of us will be cared for in Wales.. It's a ferking disgrace. By this time next year, the way it's going, what happened to NJ gran, the reply will be, 'can you get the person to the hospital by taxi? Sorry, it's a 48 hour wait for an ambulance, believe me it's coming with these pricks in charge.. :mad:

Just to say, re read again, that was a good reply Major, and my reply wasn't directed at you at all, I'm just a bit angry over this whole NHS thing, and the way it's looking..

Last edited:
Black alert mind. Very negative connotations. They didn’t think that through. Bit racist…
Makes you think though, WTF is wrong with a RED ALERT, everyone knows what that means, where did a black alert come from? That just seems stupid, I bet you any money the person who came up with the name black alert is on close to 100k a year.

52. This is my first. My Mrs gets them fairly regularly but she’s under closer monitoring having previously had bowel cancer.
Isn’t screening meant to start at 50?

Did you have to chase them and/or are they just two years late?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back