• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Morriston Hospital On Black Alert ...

Absolute disgrace, some poor buggers will lose their life over this.

Once they start playing mind games like this, making the general public feel guilty even if they are un-well, some people will sit in the house, rather than seeking what could be potentially life saving treatment, rather than being a burden, It's an absolute bloody disaster, and somebody needs a good kick up the bottom, to get the health service back the way it should be, starting with the Welsh Government.

https://aeinfo.nhs.wales/
Here is a live ‘real-time’ link that gives information about how many patients are currently in A+E and MIU’s. Sadly busier places like Morriston A+E never give approx waiting times.

Take money for food and refreshments (vending machines in A+E to the left in waiting area) and expect to be there for many hours. A wait of 24 hrs is not out of the ordinary. If you have a mobile phone take that also, because relatives at home are often distressed by a lack of news from their loved one who is stuck in A+E after so many hours.

Also do not be fooled by the common occurrence of being triaged within only an hour of A+E arrival, to then think that you could be out of the door ASAP in only an hour or two after that. Because a wait to see a doctor can be way, way, way into that particular day or even the next one that follows that!

Certain conditions with heart attack or irregular heartbeat symptoms require various sequential diagnostic procedures i.e. blood pressure test, ECG test, blood tests for electrolytes and cardiac marker tests. It can often be a case of going in and out of a few doors, with tests that are spaced out from one to the next, and with waiting period intervals that are many hours apart.

It’s not unusual for someone with an irregular heartbeat like ectopic beats for example to be sitting in A+E for 18+ hours, so do not expect that some heart related symptoms guarantee fast-passage to see a doctor! And remember it's not only those inside A+E that are in the queue, it's those in the ambulances outside also!!!!

https://aeinfo.nhs.wales/
Here is a live ‘real-time’ link that gives information about how many patients are currently in A+E and MIU’s. Sadly busier places like Morriston A+E never give approx waiting times.

Take money for food and refreshments (vending machines in A+E to the left in waiting area) and expect to be there for many hours. A wait of 24 hrs is not out of the ordinary. If you have a mobile phone take that also, because relatives at home are often distressed by a lack of news from their loved one who is stuck in A+E after so many hours.

Also do not be fooled by the common occurrence of being triaged within only an hour of A+E arrival, to then think that you could be out of the door ASAP in only an hour or two after that. Because a wait to see a doctor can be way, way, way into that particular day or even the next one that follows that!

Certain conditions with heart attack or irregular heartbeat symptoms require various sequential diagnostic procedures i.e. blood pressure test, ECG test, blood tests for electrolytes and cardiac marker tests. It can often be a case of going in and out of a few doors, with tests that are spaced out from one to the next, and with waiting period intervals that are many hours apart.

It’s not unusual for someone with an irregular heartbeat like ectopic beats for example to be sitting in A+E for 18+ hours, so do not expect that some heart related symptoms guarantee fast-passage to see a doctor! And remember it's not only those inside A+E that are in the queue, it's those in the ambulances outside also!!!!

Thank you for that link, wow currently 113 In A&E in Morriston, Neath, Port Talbot showing 8

Thank you for that link, wow currently 113 In A&E in Morriston, Neath, Port Talbot showing 8

Yep! If you think you have a minor injury go straight to Port Talbot, far better than Morriston in that particular circumstance!

Yep! If you think you have a minor injury go straight to Port Talbot, far better than Morriston in that particular circumstance!
Indeed, and I must say, that link is a bit of a penny drop moment for me, for some reason I was aware of Neath and Port Talbot, but never considered any others, and I would have seriously gone to Morriston after when Neath and Port Talbot shut, with this link you can pick any hospital, although some may be a fair distance away, it beats going up Morriston at say 10pm, just to be seen at 4pm the next day. Invaluable info that, thanks again.

Edit: And that's why I think the link you put up is great. if someone is in a slight predicament at this exact moment, be it an accident, well Morriston is currently showing 105 patients, but Prince Philip 16 patients.

Last edited:
Indeed, and I must say, that link is a bit of a penny drop moment for me, for some reason I was aware of Neath and Port Talbot, but never considered any others, and I would have seriously gone to Morriston after when Neath and Port Talbot shut, with this link you can pick any hospital, although some may be a fair distance away, it beats going up Morriston at say 10pm, just to be seen at 4pm the next day. Invaluable info that, thanks again.

Edit: And that's why I think the link you put up is great. if someone is in a slight predicament at this exact moment, be it an accident, well Morriston is currently showing 105 patients, but Prince Philip 16 patients.
Prince Philip operates a Minor Injuries Unit as opposed to a fully blown A&E, patients needing the latter will go to Morriston or Glangwili.

Prince Philip operates a Minor Injuries Unit as opposed to a fully blown A&E, patients needing the latter will go to Morriston or Glangwili.

I don't understand the point you are trying to make Major.. Who the hell is going to go to Morriston say for example now..? Waste of time you will most prob be treated around 8pm tomorrow night, And I'm fully aware now of all the hospital's,, and their limations.

Edit: Sorry Major I can see your point, I was just talking about little accidents, that would be suitable to be treated at the MIU, before I saw that live link, I would never have considered making my way to a different hospital, I would have just headed to Morriston, say for for example a wound that required stitches, I know it's not life or death, but it would be something that needed attention.

Last edited:

Yes there is a common misconception amongst many that 'Minor Injury Units' have similar waiting times and patient numbers as A+E dept’s.

The reason A+E’s are so busy and chaotic is because they treat more than just ‘minor injuries, have a bed blocking issue to contend with, are short staffed, and the fact that they have ended up as outsourced “pass-the-buck” G.P service providers, because G.P’s are either sending people there, or people are going there because of closed G.P surgery triage lines.

Yes there is a common misconception amongst many that 'Minor Injury Units' have similar waiting times and patient numbers as A+E dept’s.

The reason A+E’s are so busy and chaotic is because they treat more than just ‘minor injuries, have a bed blocking issue to contend with, are short staffed, and the fact that they have ended up as outsourced “pass-the-buck” G.P service providers, because G.P’s are either sending people there, or people are going there because of closed G.P surgery triage lines.
NPT A&E is pretty much a waste of time, there's no doctor on duty there etc, can't even issue prescriptions or carryout X-rays

Its a disgrace that the only A&E unit worthy of the name is at Morriston, my mate is a senior nurse on Red Resus there and him and his team are run ragged, mostly works nights which is worse apparently.

They've changed the process at A&E, Mrs had to take our eldest there yesterday morning and he was seen in Triage with in 20 min's, and was transferred to a Doctor at a different part of the hospital, Doctor was superb Mrs said as well.

They've changed the process at A&E, Mrs had to take our eldest there yesterday morning and he was seen in Triage with in 20 min's, and was transferred to a Doctor at a different part of the hospital, Doctor was superb Mrs said as well.
Thats good news. I think that money should be aimed at having more A and E depts including one at Singleton.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back