• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Morriston Hospital ... VISITING ...

TheLoneRanger

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
VISITING - Important:

"Routine visiting has been temporarily suspended at Morriston Hospital because of rising numbers of infections from a mix of viruses and bacteria.

Seven wards have had to be closed because of cases of Norovirus, Covid, flu or C.difficile (a bacterial infection which causes diarrhoea).

Staff at Morriston are doing everything they can to stop infections spreading further, but while this work is underway, routine visiting will be paused from 8am on Wednesday, 3rd January 2023 until further notice.

Visiting will be restricted to ‘Visiting with a Purpose’.

This means that visiting will still be allowed for patients who are at the end of life, or the last days of life; or for carers and relatives providing practical help and care for the patient when they visit – for example help with mealtimes and hydration, or support for patients with dementia or other clinical needs.

This visiting should be agreed in advance in liaison with the ward manager.

Parents can still visit their children, but we would ask that this is restricted to one parent at a time.

However please Do NOT visit if you have any symptoms of illnesses, including diarrhoea and vomiting, fever, coughs etc.

Some patients may require an essential support assistant for specific additional support, e.g. a support worker or interpreter. These essential support assistants are not to be classed as visitors.

We are also reminding people to avoid coming to the Emergency Department if they have Norovirus symptoms – diarrhoea and vomiting, stomach cramps or aching limbs. This tummy bug is unpleasant but usually goes away on its own after a couple of days with no lasting harm.

However for vulnerable hospital patients whose immune systems might not be as strong, Norovirus can be more serious, and you could pass the virus to other patients and to staff."

https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/news/swansea-bay-health-news/routine-visiting-suspended-at-morriston-hospital-due-to-rising-infection-rates/

TheLoneRanger said:
VISITING - Important:

"Routine visiting has been temporarily suspended at Morriston Hospital because of rising numbers of infections from a mix of viruses and bacteria.

Seven wards have had to be closed because of cases of Norovirus, Covid, flu or C.difficile (a bacterial infection which causes diarrhoea).

Staff at Morriston are doing everything they can to stop infections spreading further, but while this work is underway, routine visiting will be paused from 8am on Wednesday, 3rd January 2023 until further notice.

Visiting will be restricted to ‘Visiting with a Purpose’.

This means that visiting will still be allowed for patients who are at the end of life, or the last days of life; or for carers and relatives providing practical help and care for the patient when they visit – for example help with mealtimes and hydration, or support for patients with dementia or other clinical needs.

This visiting should be agreed in advance in liaison with the ward manager.

Parents can still visit their children, but we would ask that this is restricted to one parent at a time.

However please Do NOT visit if you have any symptoms of illnesses, including diarrhoea and vomiting, fever, coughs etc.

Some patients may require an essential support assistant for specific additional support, e.g. a support worker or interpreter. These essential support assistants are not to be classed as visitors.

We are also reminding people to avoid coming to the Emergency Department if they have Norovirus symptoms – diarrhoea and vomiting, stomach cramps or aching limbs. This tummy bug is unpleasant but usually goes away on its own after a couple of days with no lasting harm.

However for vulnerable hospital patients whose immune systems might not be as strong, Norovirus can be more serious, and you could pass the virus to other patients and to staff."

https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/news/swansea-bay-health-news/routine-visiting-suspended-at-morriston-hospital-due-to-rising-infection-rates/

I was there mid afternoon, Lad is in Red Trolley, been in A&E since last Friday, been a nightmare, Mrs been there with him 90% of the time, because of his needs we can't leave with anyone who doesn't know him, I had permission to go there from work.

Niigata Jack said:
I was there mid afternoon, Lad is in Red Trolley, been in A&E since last Friday, been a nightmare, Mrs been there with him 90% of the time, because of his needs we can't leave with anyone who doesn't know him, I had permission to go there from work.

Best wishes to you and your family mate.

Niigata Jack said:

Hang in there my friend I’m thinking of you all. ♥️

Niigata Jack said:

Hope things turn out well for you all. 🤞

Niigata Jack said:

Hope all goes well and that your son is able to return home asap.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back