• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

New Swans TV pricing

Polskijack

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
The EFL dictate the amount charged for Ifollow or in our case SwansTV Live, so the club have no say in this. The new rates are as follows for video streams:

Season pass £140
Monthly pass £20
Game pass : £7.99

This is a 27% increase for the season pass and 33% for monthly which is scandalous in the present climate.

Also for some crazy reason the Carabou cup game is only "officially available" to UK residents even though no overseas broadcasters are showing the game! As I understand it, the club is trying to get the EFL to relent but I doubt they will do a U turn (unless Boris was in charge😀)

I have been involved with a working party to look at ways of increasing our overseas support and the above will not help with that goal. I must however reiterate that this is an EFL decision and not the club.

I am not surprised the greed of football is beyond belief.

Loyal punters who will pay over the odds will always be taken advantage of.

Why does Swans TV have to follow the pricing decision of Ifollow if it is not part of it? Makes no sense.

Polskijack said:
The EFL dictate the amount charged for Ifollow or in our case SwansTV Live, so the club have no say in this. The new rates are as follows for video streams:

Season pass £140
Monthly pass £20

This is a 27% increase for the season pass and 33% for monthly which is scandalous in the present climate.

Also for some crazy reason the Carabou cup game is only "officially available" to UK residents even though no overseas broadcasters are showing the game! As I understand it, the club is trying to get the EFL to relent but I doubt they will do a U turn (unless Boris was in charge😀)

I have been involved with a working party to look at ways of increasing our overseas support and the above will not help with that goal. I must however reiterate that this is an EFL decision and not the club.

Polskijack said:

Season pass £140
Monthly pass £20

£140 for 46 games is still great value.

JBT95 said:
Polskijack said:

Season pass £140
Monthly pass £20

£140 for 46 games is still great value.

I agree but it's actually officially between 30 and 35 games if you aren't in a dark market country. Still less than a fiver a game.

Longlostjack said:
Why does Swans TV have to follow the pricing decision of Ifollow if it is not part of it? Makes no sense.

Polskijack said:

Season pass £140
Monthly pass £20

Because the EFL own the broadcast rights and take about 20% of the payment, the rest going to the club.

I've never really understood this but what advantages to the Swans get for doing SwansTV as opposed to just going with ifollow?

They keep more of the subscription fees. iFollow say the club gets 70% of the fees.

stevethejack said:
They keep more of the subscription fees. iFollow say the club gets 70% of the fees.

Is that shared between the 2 clubs.

stevethejack said:

Fair enough - however I assume that the costs of producing it are higher?

Badlands said:
stevethejack said:

Is that shared between the 2 clubs.

I believe it's the same as gate money in football ie the home team gets the cash in league games but they share it for cup matches.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back