• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Next Brendan

Guys, Leicester won't be getting relegated...

Attachments

• back-it-up-beep-beep.gif
    back-it-up-beep-beep.gif
    2 MB · Views: 177
Risc said:
Have to see what happens won’t we.

But no I don’t agree with you at all regarding him not earning a new contract. The players want it, I’d like to think the majority of fans want it, should be getting it done.

We could finish as low as 13th in the table after tomorrow. Unlikely we'll go that low, but it is possible.

If we lose tomorrow, we'd finish with 63 points after 17 wins, 12 draws, 17 defeats. Goal difference would be just in the plus column unless we got tonked.

Last season we finished 15th with 61 points after 16 wins, 13 draws, 17 defeats. The only major difference with this season is we had a goal difference of -10. We can only improve on last season by a maximum of 5 points if we win tomorrow.

I'm willing to see how next season starts after this recent excellent run of results, although I do feel it's just a continuation of the last 2 seasons (great runs of form followed by a run of poor results). I don't see how the majority of fans should be expected to want a new contract for a manager with such an average record.

Needless to say, I hope you're reminding me of this post next May when we're celebrating promotion with Martin in charge... ;)

Risc said:
Have to see what happens won’t we.

But no I don’t agree with you at all regarding him not earning a new contract. The players want it, I’d like to think the majority of fans want it, should be getting it done.

Then we shall agree to disagree. Our form from November to March was absolutely not deserving of a new contract, translate that form into the equivalent in any other form of industry and the same applies.

We should all hope that April onwards is the start of something bigger and better, but Martin should not be surprised if he’s asked to prove himself through the autumn.

As for the players, they are bound by contract restrictions and cannot state anything negative against their employers; this is why we see the odd silent protest in the form of changes to social media pages.

JackSomething said:
We could finish as low as 13th in the table after tomorrow. Unlikely we'll go that low, but it is possible.

If we lose tomorrow, we'd finish with 63 points after 17 wins, 12 draws, 17 defeats. Goal difference would be just in the plus column unless we got tonked.

Last season we finished 15th with 61 points after 16 wins, 13 draws, 17 defeats. The only major difference with this season is we had a goal difference of -10. We can only improve on last season by a maximum of 5 points if we win tomorrow.

I'm willing to see how next season starts after this recent excellent run of results, although I do feel it's just a continuation of the last 2 seasons (great runs of form followed by a run of poor results). I don't see how the majority of fans should be expected to want a new contract for a manager with such an average record.

Needless to say, I hope you're reminding me of this post next May when we're celebrating promotion with Martin in charge... ;)

Re that last paragraph - me too.

Cooperman said:
Then we shall agree to disagree. Our form from November to March was absolutely not deserving of a new contract, translate that form into the equivalent in any other form of industry and the same applies.

We should all hope that April onwards is the start of something bigger and better, but Martin should not be surprised if he’s asked to prove himself through the autumn.

As for the players, they are bound by contract restrictions and cannot state anything negative against their employers; this is why we see the odd silent protest in the form of changes to social media pages.

Last paragraph absolute nonsense I’m sorry.

Risc said:
Last paragraph absolute nonsense I’m sorry.

What part? You don’t think that employers have contracts tied down in this way? Or are you referring to groundswell in favour of Martin? If the latter have you got any links? I’ve genuinely not read much other than snippets from Grimes.

King Martin, world class manager will be snapped up after his first two scintillating seasons in the championship.

Cooperman said:
What part? You don’t think that employers have contracts tied down in this way? Or are you referring to groundswell in favour of Martin? If the latter have you got any links? I’ve genuinely not read much other than snippets from Grimes.

Cabango and Cullen have recently said similar to Grimes.

I also have a mutual friend with one of the squad players too who has said he’s liked and expects him to go to the top.

Risc said:

I also have a mutual friend with one of the squad players too who has said he’s liked and expects him to go to the top.

Tried sending you an image on DM but didn’t work.

I'd expect a lot more transfer links when new contract talks begin. It's basic agent stuff to feed a few stories about other interested parties to journos before sitting down. And if Martin has done anything well in his time with us it's cultivating relationships with fawning local press.

J_B said:
I wouldn't mind having the old Brendan back in the extremely unlikely event of that happening.

Leicester have come in with £2m for Russell and £3m for Piroe, can't see it happening tho.

Risc said:

He’s liked by players he picks every week? Amazing.

When he gets to the top of mid table let’s hope he takes all the crud he’s insisted we buy/loan from MK with him. And Beaudiere.

The fact he’s been begging for a new contract for absolutely ages and not getting it, says more about the esteem he’s held in at the club. Now he’s kicked his PR machine back into gear, just like he did when he wanted out of MK. Let’s hope Leicester fall for it like we did. I’d much rather have Dean Smith.

Edit; with the new PR assault, me might get his new contract now, I suppose. It would be interesting to see. If he accepts it would show this was just a PR managed sham, or there’s no way he’d tie himself down.

jackUlation said:
Leicester have come in with £2m for Russell and £3m for Piroe, can't see it happening tho.

I cant see it being true - I cant see them making any moves for anyone until next season is known for them (i.e. which division they are in!)

jackUlation said:

I can’t see it being true let alone happening.

monmouth said:
He’s liked by players he picks every week? Amazing.

When he gets to the top of mid table let’s hope he takes all the crud he’s insisted we buy/loan from MK with him. And Beaudiere.

The fact he’s been begging for a new contract for absolutely ages and not getting it, says more about the esteem he’s held in at the club. Now he’s kicked his PR machine back into gear, just like he did when he wanted out of MK. Let’s hope Leicester fall for it like we did. I’d much rather have Dean Smith.

Edit; with the new PR assault, me might get his new contract now, I suppose. It would be interesting to see. If he accepts it would show this was just a PR managed sham, or there’s no way he’d tie himself down.

Well no, because I specifically said the lad I got first hand information from was a squad player.

He’s made clear he’d accept a contract so the rest of your post is waffle sorry Mon, no idea what you’re going on about “PR Machine” etc, he’s going into his last year, he will be looking for job security. As it stands he’s been offered nothing, and now to top it off his superiors are yet again acting like complete tw*ts on our social media accounts. Amateurs.

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back