• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Next Season's Squad

Skippyjack

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
GK - Benda

FB - Bidwell, Roberts

CB - Rodon, Cabango

Midfield - Grimes, Fulton, Byers

Advanced Midfield - Celina, Dhanda

Wingers - McKay, Peterson, Asoro, Ayew, Garrick

Forward - Cullen

It's looking a bit grim ain't it.. we need a new GK, fullback, centre half, solid DM to play alongside Grimes, at least two forwards and if 4 wingers decide to jump ship, at least 3 wingers.

I'm not optimistic with Cooper at the helm either.. does League One beckon

Skippyjack said:
GK - Benda

FB - Bidwell, Roberts

CB - Rodon, Cabango

Forward - Cullen

It's looking a bit grim ain't it.. we need a new GK, fullback, centre half, solid DM to play alongside Grimes, at least two forwards and if 4 wingers decide to jump ship, at least 3 wingers.

Ayew Celina Rodon won’t be here next season are McKay & Peterson still here?

PencoedJack said:
Skippyjack said:
GK - Benda

FB - Bidwell, Roberts

CB - Rodon, Cabango

Forward - Cullen

Ayew Celina Rodon won’t be here next season are McKay & Peterson still here?

They're still contracted here, wouldn't surprise me if a few were off.. Celina, Ayew, McKay, Peterson, Asoro all come to mind

It looks like Woodman will return... and I’m unsure if any club will pay Ayew his wages unless we subsidise them massively... so starting line up:

Woodman
Roberts,
Bidwell,
Cabango,
Guehi,
Fulton,
Grimes,
Dhanda,
Byers,
Ayew,
Cullen

Magic_Michu said:
It looks like Woodman will return... and I’m unsure if any club will pay Ayew his wages unless we subsidise them massively... so starting line up:

Woodman
Roberts,
Bidwell,
Cabango,
Guehi,
Fulton,
Grimes,
Dhanda,
Byers,
Ayew,
Cullen

F*ck me, Dhanda, Byers and Cullen in our starting 11, Fulton can have a bench spot, and Roberts as a fullback is a no no..

We could do with finding a senior centre back on a free transfer from somewhere

Centre back is the least of our worries. From midfield on :oops:

Favourites for James Garner DM from M United, highly rated.

I'd like Marcus Edwards from Vitoria, watched him against Benfica, talented lad with an eye for a pass or a goal

I’d be surprised if Rodon’s still here next season. He’s our only saleable asset to keep us afloat. The only way he’ll stay is if clubs are put off by his injury record.

Ayew will still be here as will Naughton and Routs and possibly Dyer. These are better than McKay, Asoro, Peterson.

I can see VDH staying along with Cabango, Roberts and Bidwell. Imagine the Welsh left back will be off.

Grimes, Fulton, Dhanda will stay and hope Guehi, Galls, Brewsky will all stay on.

Rodon may be off just a guess but would hope he stays another season.

Garrick has a lot to learn but if we keep the core of the squad together we probably dont need many if any new players.

Looks like Bersant is off and thanks for that goal against Man City.

GK will hopefully be Woods and Mulder.

Would be unwise to dismantle and I dont see Cooper as the man to do that, he is more of a coach than Monk, Laudrup or the Waiter.

We do need another striker like Surridge though that Cullen goal was top drawer and Coops will back him next season.

Anyone think Cooper will ask Klopp to extend Brewsters loan? I think Klopp would be happy to see him develop here as he is not going to break into that Liverpool team anytime soon with what they already have.

We have to look at the starting team first and who we see as starters to what we know we will likely have here.

Gk
Rb Roberts
Lb Bidwell
CB Cabango
Cb
Dm Grimes
Dm Fulton
Rw
Lw
Am
St

Going on a 4-4-2, a lot of spaces to fill! We will have players in the squad but some will be players classed as not good enough first teamers or ready to be regulars
Benda
Rishvinga
John
Govea
Cooper
Byers
Dahnda
Asoro
Garrick
Petersson
Mckay
Cullen

God only knows what will happen with Ayew but looks likely we lose Rodon. We certainly need to add a bit of experience in there.
Andy Scott added recently he had looked a lot at ligue 2, 2 bundesliga, Ireland and even Slovakia and Slovenia.
There will certainly be a lot coming and going!

Ideally it would be great to retain Guehi, Woodman and Brewster..... 2 out if 3 is a possibility, would be great if we could keep Brewster. Would like to keep VDH and Naughton if possible, suspect VDH will be gone..... Time has come to shake hands and say thanks to Routledge and Dyer.

Big few weeks coming up but if Scott can earn his coin and show his worth then we have a chance, think the key is in Scott unearthing some cheap gems.

Its going to be very interesting.

My little assessment:

Goalkeepers : unsure? don't know whether Woodman will be back and never seen Benda.

Full backs: Connor Roberts is fine at this level, I would like to see a new left back instead of Bidwell, but other areas are more important. I would like to keep Naughton for another year.

Centre Backs: If we don't sell Rodon and keep the Chelsea boy on loan we are fine in this area.

Centre/Att Midfield: Matt Grimes and Celina is fine at this level, but needs better players around them. Fulton, Byers and the rest are league one standard. I would like to see Gallagher back(I don't think he is anything special, but better than what we have got).

Wingers: An area where have bought poorly in the last few years, we need a complete new set.

Strikers: Ayew and Brewster are top notch at this level, But not seeing anyone of them next season, I'm afraid we are in for long season.

We has a squad are running out of PL quality, I would only include Ayew and Rodon in this bracket.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back