• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

NHS Covid 19 Tracing App

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:
Help! My wife has been notified on the app that she needs to self isolate? What the hell do i do?

The app has allowed her to book a test at the Lib at 12.00 tomorrow, but surely i can't go to work despite the guidelines saying i should?

As NJ said if she doesnt have symptoms you are OK I think to carry on. My Mrs had a test a couple of weeks back at the Lib as a few in her work had tested positive and we were told to carry on as she had no symptoms

Everything about this is just so contradictory. This is a bit different to a few weeks ago Phil, as the app has told my wife to self isolate, not carry on as normal as she has no symptoms. Surely new guidelines need to be issued to fall in line with the new app.

PSumbler said:
Garyjack said:
No symptoms Neathie. Tbh i think this is one monumental cock up again!

Does it actually tell her why she needs to self isolate? (I assume it's because someone where she has been has tested positive?)

The app doesn't give that info.

Garyjack said:
PSumbler said:
As NJ said if she doesnt have symptoms you are OK I think to carry on. My Mrs had a test a couple of weeks back at the Lib as a few in her work had tested positive and we were told to carry on as she had no symptoms

Everything about this is just so contradictory. This is a bit different to a few weeks ago Phil, as the app has told my wife to self isolate, not carry on as normal as she has no symptoms. Surely new guidelines need to be issued to fall in line with the new app.

This is half the battle with no consistent guidelines due to different rates in different areas. Monty put a couple of links up earlier that is the best ones to follow right now

Swanjaxs said:
PSumbler said:
Does it actually tell her why she needs to self isolate? (I assume it's because someone where she has been has tested positive?)

It's based on a score system, you have to be in close proximity to the affected person for an amount of time, it's a very complicated procedure apparently

They do it for 15 minutes contact at 2 meters and 15 mins at 1 meter. I don’t think they know what 2 meters look like though unfortunately.

Swanjaxs said:
PSumbler said:

It's based on a score system, you have to be in close proximity to the affected person for an amount of time, it's a very complicated procedure apparently

Sounds like the Covid equivalent of the Duckworth Lewis method

PSumbler said:
karnataka said:
I downloaded it a few days ago but not sure what it does yet. Will find out when I've got a moment. My missus won't use a mobile phone because she's fecking nuts, so she won't be using it! We don't go into crowded or busy areas anyway but you never know.

Mine told me this morning that our area had moved from low to medium risk.

So we got locked down :lol:

Hmmmm, the only thing I have learned from the app so far is that there aren't any "Low risk" areas in England at all but I guess Wales will be different as usual.

Garyjack said:
PSumbler said:

The app works off your bluetooth connection, its totally anonymous, you won't be told the name of the person you have been in close contact with that has tested positive.

Same goes if you have to self isolate, nobody will be told your details

PSumbler said:
Swanjaxs said:

Sounds like the Covid equivalent of the Duckworth Lewis method

Haha yes 😂

Swanjaxs said:
Garyjack said:

The app works off your bluetooth connection, its totally anonymous, you won't be told the name of the person you have been in close contact with that has tested positive.

Yes that info would have to remain confidential obviously, but it would help if you had a date and location.

Garyjack said:
Swanjaxs said:

Yes that info would have to remain confidential obviously, but it would help if you had a date and location.

I agree mate, looks like someone that works with your wife has been tested positive .

We can only put our faith in this system unfortunately 😔

Swanjaxs said:
Garyjack said:

I agree mate, looks like someone that works with your wife has been tested positive .

My wife doesn't work. She just goes to Asda Tesco etc! :?

Garyjack said:
Swanjaxs said:

My wife doesn't work. She just goes to Asda Tesco etc! :?

Must be closer to home then sorry mate.

Hope everything goes ok 👍🏻

Right phone has charged, typed in covid 19 app and I'm getting multiple choices back, and a few with the nhs logo, what is the correct one?

Could somebody screenshot the correct one from the app store for me thanks

Got it from the link that was posted above, Thanks, Jeez straight away risk level is high.. :shock:

If anyone is interested, there is Panorama programme on BBC1 at 7.30 this evening about Test & Trace, might fill in a few knowledge gaps.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back